1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in the house who loves Gears of War?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by nickytos287, Oct 24, 2014.

1. nickytos287

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I love Gears of War. I have read all the novels, i have played all the games. I have formed a close personal realtionship with the characters (kinda sad but whatever). I even started to cry when one of the main characters died in the game, like straight take a 10 minute break to get a hold of myself and stop crying style.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's who I'm thinking about, it wasn't really painful for me. That person made it clear they had little left to live for and felt it was better to sacrifice for the good of the others.
    Maria's reveal was much more traumatic because she lived through months of torture and was reduced to a semi-vegetative state before Dom finished her off.

That said, it's one of the best game series ever. Combat was excellent, characterization was fantastic, the violence was intense without being too cartoony, and the overall atmosphere unforgettable.

My favorite character to play in Multi is Colonel Hoffman. Half for his patrol cap, and half for his quotes lol. To a locust he grabs as a meat-shield, "Hope you're bulletproof!"

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes!!!!!!!!!! used to play that game a lot haha

edit: forgot to mention my favorite is either Baird, Bernie, or Clayton (ahhh bacon.....)

4. twosoups

Used to really enjoy the original. I was even part of a league of Arkansas-Alaskan players of about 15 people who played on a weekly basis. Unfortunately the league broke up when the second one came out. About half the players bought it, and the other half couldn't afford it. Everyone who did buy it stopped playing the original and the league shrunk and mostly just fell apart.

5. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Gears of War, for sure. I never picked up the last one, Judgement, though. I think it was just a lack of money at the time. Did you guys play it? What did you think?