1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow of Mordor: Real Kick Ass Fun

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Justinian20, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Justinian20

I've played quite a bit of Shadow of Mordor and I find it really fun and the nemesis system is a great addition and although the story is not a long one and doesn't particularly end well. I like it a lot. Are there any others out there who play and tell me about some of the Uruk Captains and warchiefs you've faced in the game. Also tell me how you're finding the game.

2. Rainbows~Exist

I think when I next upgrade my PC I'll get this game. It looks awesome!

3. Ridiculous

I have seen some stuff about it - is it based on the books or the movies?

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It seems to be an original story that takes place before.the first movie apparently? But I could.be wrong
    It looks interesting perhaps I will play it

5. Ridiculous

Yeah I know it is set in south Gondor or something, I was wondering if it was using the intellectual rights of the movies or the books though, because I don't like what the movies did so I wouldn't be interested if it was set in that universe.

6. Justinian20

The game is set in between the Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring and is it's own story and not based off any books or media. The Silmarillion pretty much proves this as it has some stories for the period in which the game is set. Ridiculous, it doesn't use the intellectual rights of the movies or books although it is set in the same universe(Black Gate and the Sea of Nurn) Nurn is corsairs homeland if you watched Return of the King.

7. Ridiculous

They have to license it either from Saul Zaentz (who owns the rights to the books) or Warner Brothers (who own the rights to the movies). In my experience the former are good while the latter are bad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

(Also Christopher Tolkien has not given anyone the rights to the Silmarillion I believe, so it's not legal to reference stuff exclusively written in there.)

#7 Ridiculous, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  8. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard this game is excellent, I played it a few times at a convention and really liked it.

The story features the spirit of Celebrimbor, of Silmarillion fame, forger of the Rings of Power. It also takes place some time between the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings from what I've heard, and it's developed by Warner Brothers.

9. Justinian20

A very good feature of the game is that when a low enemy kills you they upgrade into a captain and so if you wanted to you could make a worthy army to fight against by attempting to make the entire Uruk captain and warchiefs Uruks that have managed to kill you as a low level vermin and there are easy ways to do this but I don't wanna spoil the game for any others