1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High mobility FPS action-RPG games?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ryujin, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Ryujin

Ok, I know, I know, the criteria is quite limiting in terms of actual decent games that could be found, but this is sort of game which I'm kinda craving at the moment and really want to play. What I mean by 'High mobility FPS ARPG' is a game with a high mobility system, with things like climbing, wall running, sliding etc. all mid combat. The FPS is a first person shooter, which is exactly what it sounds like and ARPG being a role playing game with action-y elements. I don't really care about setting.

If anyone knows any games which fits these or most or some of these criterion then I would be thankful if you could mention them, thanks.

EDIT:

Sorry, I should have specified that it needs to be available on PC, preferably Steam or GoG

#1 Ryujin, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Destiny????

3. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Elder scrolls 4 oblivion and 5 skyrim
    Destiny
    mass Effect
    Borderlands
    Fallout series

These all involve aiming with a crosshair

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Titanfall seems to be what you're looking for. Too bad it's multi only, but it has parkour, first-person action, and character progression.

5. Basic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The only thing I can think of that comes close to that is Mirrors Edge.

6. White Knight

When you say high mobility it is only true for Mass Effect 3.

Mass Effect even with great beginning to an epic story, not really good on combat.

Mass Effect 2 has taken a huge step thru having enjoyable combat. With importance of cover(unless you are a Vanguard) it sometimes feels like shooting ducks.

Mass Effect 3 made things all new and different. Too much that I can't play a Sniper on ME3. Enemies move around, you dash, run and tumble all over... and if you like me punching things on the way. This is why Mass Effect Multiplayer so fun, especially on hazard maps.

7. BaconMonster

Play any arena shooter game ever.

Quake, nexuiz, unreal tournament, etc.

But theres a game coming soon, a new arena shooter called toxickk that looks amazing.
    [YOUTUBE]B28oQvaL7Mg[/YOUTUBE]

8. shinji

shinji Guest

Against my better judgement, i'd recommend Warframe. I personally think it's shit, but you might like it.

You could always go for something like Gears of War, Lost Planet and the like. But they aren't exactly "fitting" all of your criterias.

The one game that i think fits, is Dishonored. Also, maybe to an extent, Thief and BioShock.

9. BaconMonster

Warframe is amazing, i have been so hooked on that game. Give it another go, you can fly through space now.

I just didn't suggest warframe because its a third person shooter not a fps.

10. shinji

shinji Guest

Having sunk ~several month into the game, ~$600, being the co-leader of a moonclan and reaching the rank of Gold Seeker... I can pretty much safely say that the game has no future. Yeah sure, they add distractions, but at it's core it all about doing the same thing over and over again, when in the end it all boils down to how much money you are willing to spend, or how much platinum are you willing to grind.

*thread*

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Hitman Absolution (not entirely, but it does have good mechanics)
    Rage (pretty crappy port, just FYI)
    FarCry 3 (best game ever! also is exactly what you're looking for)
    Red Faction (both Guerrilla and Armageddon, although the first one is a bit more open)
    The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (haven't played it but i hear it's "Mass Effect-ish")

11. BaconMonster

I'd say archwing is more like an entire expansion to the game than just a game mode. And I also don't know why you expect it's core mechanics to change. It's always going to be a somewhat linear third person shooter with varying game modes. It's not like it's all of a sudden going to turn into real time strategy or a first person shooter all of a sudden. It has some level of repetition yes, all games do, but it also has aspects that change the gameplay (excavation mode for example. ). There's also no progressive story line like you see in single player games, so there are lots of times where you have to play the same maps, abeit it's not exactly the same because it's procedurally generated.

So there's going to be a grind too to get items. That's not bad either, considering that the game is fun, and it's rewarding to earn the items rather than buying them with plat, and the devs would rather you buy cosmetics instead of weapons/warframes if possible. The weapons/warframes and other items have plat prices for people who just don't have time to farm a certain item. The dev's said it themselves "we can't build something in 3 weeks only to have someone use it and get bored with it in 3 days. " I think that's why you got tired of the game. You spent at least some of that $600 on weapons, warframes, mods, cores and whatever. So you had everything you wanted and then you got bored because there was no end goal for you anymore. I'm the leader of a fairly large warframe clan, I've been playing for a year, and I've only spent 20$ on warframe and I only bought cosmetic stuff. All in all, I think it's a great game that only get better with time. Millions of players can't be wrong. However if warframe is just not your cup of tea, than I respect your opinion.