1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Good Nintendo Songs?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Polterpup, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Polterpup

Alright, so I've been looking at a lot of video game medleys lately and I've thought to myself "Hmm, maybe I should compose one for me and my friend to perform in a talent show or something." I just need a list of really good, memorable Nintendo pieces. Like, ya know, Corneria from Star Fox and the Legend of Zelda theme and the Mario theme and Gruntilda's Lair from Banjo-Kazooie and all that good stuff. Please help me out here. I suck at choosing on my own. There are just so many good soundtracks!

2. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  3. Justinian20

You should look at the chiptune or nintendocore genre for some ideas of what you could do with music from Nintendo games

4. antibinary

The lavender town music. Don't worry you won't die!

5. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I love the Shion (lavender) Town BGM.

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Banjo-Tooie
    [youtube]D7HS22xwxWs[/youtube]

Yoshi's Story Theme (kind of annoying)
    [youtube]nghTrcPBp3s[/youtube]

#7 resu, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  8. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqKsWhQvVrk

Shulk and Fiora is a favourite of mine from Xenoblade Chronicles, but that game has loads of worthy songs. Plus this song incorporates the main theme in it, which is cool.

9. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Anything from any Kirby game and the entire soundtrack of TLOZ: Spirit Tracks. Although really, I think Sakurai does a fatastic job at compiling the very best of Nintendo games' soundtracks in the Super Smash Bros. series. I would advise you to check them out, both the original versions of the songs and the remixed/rearranged versions for the SSB games.

A couple of old favorites:
    Shin Onigashima (from Shin Onigashima)
    Zero Two (from Kirby 64)
    Climb Up! And Get The Last Chance! (From F-Zero X)
    Gerudo Valley (25th Anniversary Symphony ver. From TLOZ: Ocarina of Time)
    Bramble Blast (From Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest)

And some new ones too:
    You Will Know Our Names (From Xenoblade Chronicles)
    Full Steam Ahead (TLOZ: Spirit Tracks)
    N's Castle Medley (Pokemon Black & White)
    Battle! Trainer (Pokemon X & Y)
    Pac-Man's Park/Block Plaza
    Multi-Man Smash (SSB4 Original)
    Dark Lord (From Find Mii 2)
    Star Wolf / Sector Z (From Starfox 64)
    Smiles and Tears (From EarthBound)
    Rainbow Road (From Mario Kart 7)

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Poke'mon
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Battle With Trainer: My favorite part, kicks in, at 1:11.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Battle with the Champion, Cynthia: Cynthia is my favorite human Poke'mon character, by far. Everything about her is just... let us just say, if she were real, she'd be my kind of lady, LOL. About the song, I love it. Very fitting.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Battle with Gym Leader: As much as I love Generation I, which I grew up on, I have to give it to Generation IV. They really outdid themselves, with the music.

Gold/Silver/Crystal - Violet City: Everybody talks about Lavender Town, but this was, probably, my favorite town theme.

Red/Blue/Yellow - Battle with Champion, Blue: Or Gary, as some like to call him. I love the beginning of this song, especially the first 15 seconds.

Red/Blue/Yellow - Gym Battle, Metal Edition: One of the better original covers, of a Poke'mon song. I love how they used the actual, in-game, music at the beginning, too.

Black/White - Celestial Tower: Quite possibly, the finest piece of music, in a Poke'mon game. It sounds an awful lot like a certain song in Chrono Trigger, though, at times...

Super Mario
    Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Big Boss Battle: Only for the first 21 seconds. After that, it's kind of bland. The build up is what makes this song.

Super Mario Bros. 2 - Boss Theme: I don't really like this game. But, I'll give it props, it has one of the best boss themes.

Super Mario 64 - Jolly Roger Bay: It also goes by "Dire, Dire Docks". Beautiful piece of music. Definitely the highlight of this game.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Forest Maze: Awesome song.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Fight Against an Armed Boss: One of two boss themes, which sound pretty awesome.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Fight Against a Somewhat Stronger Monster: While I like both boss themes, this one, is my favorite of the two. It sounds more epic.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Fight Against Culex: A Final Fantasy boss, makes a guest appearance in this game, and it is only fitting, they have a fuckin' rockin' theme.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Monstro Town: It starts off slow, but it builds, in intensity and speed. One of my favorite town themes.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Fight Against Bowser: This plays, fairly early in the game, when you confront and battle Bowser. Interestingly, this is a remix of Bowser's theme, from Super Mario Bros. 3.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Valentina: You know you're a bad ass, when you get your own theme, and you aren't Mario. I love the composition of this song, it sounds elegant yet menacing.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Nimbus Land: One of my favorite levels, has one of my favorite songs. I just love how this sounds.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Bowser's Keep (Second Time): Bad ass. That's all I can say, really.

Phoenix Wright
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Investigation ~CORNERED!~: The best God damn song, in the entire series. I used to love calling bullshit on people, when playing this game, and this song kicking into high gear.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Turnabout Sisters Theme: A very chill song, that tended to play, during the more light-hearted moments. It has a simplistic beauty to it.

Donkey Kong-related
    Diddy Kong Racing - Walrus Cove: Hands down, the most memorable song, in the game, to me. Catchy as hell.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Bramble Blast/Stickerbush Symphony: Beautiful song.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Mining Melancholy: Another favorite of mine. I really dig the part, at 1:24.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Lockjaw's Saga: It also goes by "Lockjaw's Locker", too. Anyway, just listen to this song. It pumps you up, because it is very bad ass-sounding.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Disco Train: Listen to this. This is insane, for a 16-bit game. The funky track, and the static screams in the background at times. Frighteningly funky, is what it is.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Kaptain K. Rool: Epic-sounding song, which is fitting. The final boss of the game, indeed.

Star Fox
    Star Fox 64 - Area 6: All I can say is, "We're gonna break through that fleet!". Used to love the hell, out of this level, and this song.

Star Fox 64 - Enter Star Wolf: Love this song. Definitely made you want to dog fight.

Star Fox Assault - Enter Star Wolf: I really don't like this game, save the first time you fight Star Wolf, but this song is incredible. I really love it, at 48 seconds, where it builds into 1:04 and is just... lovely.

Star Fox 64 - Bolse Defense Outpost: This song sounds so disorienting and tense, which is fitting, considering the gravity is all kinds of fucked up, and you are being attacked, before you handle both of those. The drums are a nice touch, as well.

Kirby
    Kirby's Dream Land - Green Greens: The part 22 seconds in, is my favorite part. Of course, this theme was chosen, for the Super Smash Bros. games, so, you could use one of those. But, there's something about this low-bit charm.

The Legend of Zelda
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Gerudo Valley: That introduction, alone, is worth it.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Song of Storms: Probably my favorite song, that you can learn, on the Ocarina.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Zelda's Lullaby: Beautiful and calming.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Time of the Falling Rain: Greatest prologue music, I think, to a Zelda game. It really set the mood.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Hyrule Castle: Listen to this. Tell me, you do not, want to beat the living hell, out of every enemy, as you make your way to Princess Zelda.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - The Dark World: Love this song.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Death Mountain: Sounds decent, but then 35 seconds in, you hear that. My favorite part.

Oh, and this...

Chrono Trigger - Decisive Battle with Magus: Too sexy for your ears.

#10 Kaiser, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  11. bobbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  12. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I Love all the Pokemon Songs :icon_bigg

This Isn't a melody but it's pretty cool :lol:
    [YOUTUBE]bIe7GfaYXoA[/YOUTUBE]

13. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love Walrus Cove!!!

14. Ryu

Ryu

Hold it! Phoenix wright cornered all the way! Best song ever! I learnt it on guitar, and go around yelling quotes from the games at everyone and singing that song and I get those looks and then I shut up and hide in the corner...