1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed Unity - PC

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ashanti, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Ashanti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey all,

Assassin's Creed Unity - PC
    Worth It?

Does it use next generation Graphics?
    Are there any tweaks/hacks you can use to up the image quality for PC.
    I have noticed that, games made for both consoles and PC seem to have limitations when it comes to the PC version... but if the game is solely PC it has all the full graphics effects you could think of etc....

I have a really powerful PC so would like to get the most out of this game :icon_bigg
    Any advice appreciated.
    :thumbsup:

2. Ashanti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I hear the console versions are restricted to 900p and 30 frames per second...
    Just hoping PC versions are not restricted in anyway.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

If the previous titles are to serve as any indication, then i'd say it probably will be clunky to control, yet still have visually pleasing graphics and not be capped at a certain resolution/frame rate.

As for upping the image quality of games in general, i'd look towards a tool called "SweetFX". But you really do need to have a general idea of what you are doing, in order to use it.

I'd hold off on buying it for at least a week, so that the reviews can come in and you can make a better, more informed decision.

4. forget me knots

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    can you pick your gender? I only play as women. I know it's a little sexist but i feel like i can't relate with a game if i'm a gorilla lol

(not that all men are gorillas... and not that being a guy is a bad thing ... and not that... oh crap i'm digging myself a hole) lol

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe if you use a mouse and keyboard. But simply get a corded 360 controller and your worries are behind you. :slight_smile:

6. shinji

shinji Guest

Have a Sabertooth, still clunky. I mean, everything past Brotherhood is just... meh.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get you there; they are rushing them out before they are as complete as they should be. But I think Unity shows real promise.

8. shinji

shinji Guest

Kind of hard to trust a company that is quick to take your money, before they have anything to show for it. And let's not forget that Ubisoft is even worse in the DRM department than Origin, especially when it comes to DLC activation.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not that I think they're trustworthy, just that despite it all, they make a good game. If they could iron out the kinks and get their head in the right place, they could make great games again. AC Brotherhood, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and (sort of) Far Cry 3 were all worthy of high praise.

10. shinji

shinji Guest

Vegas 2 was very unstable, even though it was a nice game, never played Chaos Theory, and Far Cry 3 was really something else, ruined only by their DRM.

Have you tried purchasing an Uplay game, through steam? It becomes quite complicated... yet still, not as complicated as buying it from Uplay and trying to deal with the DLC not registering.

The general quality control for games has been neglected in favor of them pumping out more games, faster... since people quickly get bored, since the games usually are crappy. It's a vicious cycle that game developers put themselves in.

P.S. - We should totally play Rainbow Six, when we can.