1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TJ, Nov 8, 2014.

1. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Has anybody played this yet? Opinions?
    I just got my Xbox One and I'm waiting for The Master Chief Collection to come out on Tuesday, so in the meantime I went to my library and picked up a copy of the new CoD, and honestly it is really fun!
    The last "fun" CoD for me was Modern Warfare 2. Blops, Mw3, Blops2, and Ghosts, from what I've heard, were crappy games. But they've made a recovery with Advanced Warfare.

There's a lot of new mechanics in the game that never existed before, and it's honestly a pretty unique style. I like it a lot. Highly recommend to folks who like FPS.

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can get video games from the library? I knew you could get movies, but I have to say that never even occurred to me as a possibility.

I pre-ordered it the day before launch but haven't really played yet. 20 minutes or so yesterday on campaign just to get a taste of the exosuit, but that's about it. I only care about multiplayer in these games and will probably get started tonight. I've heard good things about this version but I was apparently one of the only ones who didn't hate Ghosts so who knows.

I just wish I didn't suck so much every time a new game is released. I usually do horribly in my first few days and take several months just to get back to a 1.0 k/d ratio, if I even manage. I think I rely on map knowledge more than skill or reflexes so that would probably explain this pattern. MW2 was the only game I actually became "good" at, at least until Ghosts at the very end.

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a massive fan of Call of Duty but now the series has gone all Sci-Fi I'm intregued! I hear this one is really good, and (finally) different to the others so maybe I'll give it a go!

4. Floki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its easily the best Call of Duty since Call of Duty 4

5. 741852963

The trailers look good. Quick question though, are all the weapons now "fantasy sci-fi" ones in this one?

I've always been put off the normal Call of Duty franchise because the game companies have to pay the arms manufacturers royalties for using the weapon's likeness.

6. Q-Tip

It almost is I think. The story isn't as good as CoD 4. But look at me! judging a game for all of its parts! What nonsense am I right?

7. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coincidentally, Call of Duty 4 was the last one that I played.

8. BaconMonster

it looks good, I quit cod after blop1 because I got sick of that game, but this new one has piqued my curiosity. That said, overwatch beta by blizzard is coming out early 2015. When that game comes out I'm probably going to forget about everything else.