1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has Anyone Used The Dragon Age Keep?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, Nov 9, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

I've made Two World States at the moment, one is the canon good one (except Anora is...gone.) And one is the Evil World State.

My Choices for Origins on my good world state are :
    Bhelen on the throne
    Circle Of Magi saved
    I always do the Urn Of Sacred Ashes before anything else, and I do Redcliffe last
    I don't like Zathrian dying, so I just kill all the werewolves
    I make Alistair kill Loghain and Anora imprisoned
    I end up doing the ritual since I don't know how to make Alistair do it as a Male Warden
    And obviously everyone lives in the end.

My Choices for Two on the good world state are :
    Bring Anders and Carver/Bethany with me
    Isabela comes back
    I side with the Mages and let Anders live ( I can't bring myself to kill him )
    Speaking of which, what do you think of Anders?

2. Dented

I've only created one world state (basically my canon one):

Origins:
    Circle of Magi saved
    Redcliffe saved
    Connor survives
    Make peace between the Dalish and the werewolves
    Bhelen on the throne and the Anvil of the Void destroyed
    Kill Loghain and let Alistair and Anora rule together
    Make Alistair do the ritual because I can't bring myself to technically cheat on Zevran
    And yeah, everyone lives. Yay.

2:
    Bethany gets sent to the Circle
    I kinda forgot to do Isabela's final Act 2 quest so she just left and didn't come back
    Sided with the Mages and let Anders live

On the subject of Anders, I think he's an well-intentioned guy who's been driven to desperation by a system that essentially criminalises him and everyone like him for something they can't help. The fact that the majority of (non-Tevintner) blood mages we see in 2 are those who have been hunted down and have pretty much no other choices left also helps that. Granted, blowing up the Chantry was probably a little extreme but given that the underlying tensions between the mages and templars were already about to kick off anyway (and the fact that the war didn't officially start until three years after that), I don't think all the blame can be laid at his feet.

...yeah, sorry, I kinda got way too into this series...

3. ChameleonSoul

On the subject of Anders, I think he's a hypocrite. By having the spirit of Justice inside of him he has become an abomination in my eyes. His actions in his Act 2 quest and his destruction of the Chantry makes it clear that he has no control over Justice's powers and ends up leading to the deaths of other mages, the same people he was working to free. Even though I sided with the mages in my canon playthrough, I couldn't help myself from killing Anders.

4. ZenMusic

Mayhe killing him was more merciful than whatever Avelline had in store for him, but I cannot and will not kill him.