1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass Effect?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BecomingEllie, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Hey, anyone out there play the Mass Effect trilogy? If so, what kinda Shepard do you like to play as? What are some of your favorite moments, things like that? Favorite game?

My personal favorite is playing a semi-Renegade FemShep. c: (ME2)

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Femshep is awesome! Mass Effect 2 was probably the sweet spot story wise for me, though they did make improvements to the gameplay for the third one. I really didn't hate the ending to Mass Effect 3 but I agree there could have been more player choice when it came to how it all played out.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

I use... a stranger's savegame from this one websites that provides them and usually chose whichever save has the most stuff unlocked. Then proceed to "tweak" the save and basically go on a rampage spamming Biotic abilities.

Best moment (saddest, but, really got me) is the beginning and conclusion of ME3. Forest scenes were a bit too much but... overall it was entertaining.

The first game though, that was quite extraordinary, second one surpassed it but was way too short. Third one was a failure in my eyes.

4. My first playthrough of the trilogy was a Male Shepard, but Femshep is just so much better. The voice acting makes it seem a lot more real.

5. ChameleonSoul

Mass Effect is one of (if not my absolute) favorite games!

I tend to play as a Paragon with a hit of Renegade in him/her. I want Shepard to be the hero that the entire galaxy goes on about, but I don't want them to be spineless if that makes sense.

6. SensesFailX

The mass effect trilogy was wonderful. I always go mostly full paragon (except for in 3 because shooting the illusive man is fun :lol:slight_smile: and I play as femshep because it makes the story less bland and she has great voice acting and character compared to normal shepard. They're just great games though and the fact that they incorporated non hetero relationships in 2 and 3 (1 if you count liara) was great. Awesome games

7. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Dat Ass Effect

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. When I play, I normally make the big decisions paragon. But the renegade things are just irresistible sometimes!

9. White Knight

My main is Matt Shepard, Paragade Adept.

I guess Mass Effect 2 is the one I like most among trilogy. It introduced my favorite characters; Miranda, Mordin, Thane, Legion and Jack. As you can guess that made it very hard to play ME 3. On my first play through I was cried like I never did before. I guess only Prayers for Bobby made me cry that hard.

Favorite moment? Too many. If I have to choose Suicide Mission on ME 2. I maybe played that part thousand times but still feeling like I am playing it for the first time.

10. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

OMG A MASS EFFECT THREAD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *fangasm*

(I will be back once I regain my composure but I just needed to msbaskjbdilwuhncoakjlsah first)

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play a male Paragon soldier. Loved ME until the very end where I was taken aback and extremely disappointed. However I will still play any others because they are that good.

12. I'm actually working on a full trilogy replay, but it's hard for me to get through the first one again, since it's so different.

13. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I love the Mass effect trilogy, I thought the whole story was brilliant despite what some people say about the ending. I am really looking foward to Mass effect 4 but I really hope its set after the the trilogy.

2 was best in terms of the single player but 3 had multiplayer which I used to play way too much. I always played a nice guy Shepard.

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At first I was thoroughly disgusted, but I'm beginning to come around on the plot front at least. Gameplay-wise it was still a slap in the face. But in the context of a cosmic horror story, it actually does work a little bit. I just wish they gave the player more time to think about it than what was basically a "cover your eyes and jump" scenario.

I feel like I chose wisely in the end, so at least I've got that going hehe.

15. White Knight

According to a Youtube video reflecting news about ME 4, which will be named Mass Effect: Origins, will take place in Shepard's life time.

They might be going for something like that ME Anime featuring Vega.

I also wish they can leave Reapers thing in the past and move forward. To which future only they can decide. My canon ending is Destroy but that would upset many people I assume.

I love multiplayer. My favorites are Paladin, Asari Vanguard or Vorcha anything.

---------- Post added 12th Nov 2014 at 09:23 AM ----------

In game play aspect ME 1 is... bad. I find playing a soldier is easiet way to finish the game and decide Shep's real class after reconstruction in ME 2... that also makes sense how he/she start from the scratch.

#15 White Knight, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  16. ehpoca

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Mass Effect is absolutely my favorite game! Yeah it has its problems, but who can say no to femshep! XD
    I usually play paragon femshep but you just have to go renegade when talking to some reporters...and krogans. Which probably tell you some of my favorite moments in the game haha.
    Not a fan of the ending at all..I try to forget that it happened...XD

17. curlyfry77

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always played as femshep and almost full paragon. I enjoyed the first game out of the whole trilogy because the gameplay had a lot more RPG elements that the other two didn't. The other two was lacking in gameplay, in my opinion, but the characters made up for it.

*cough* liara is the best waifu *cough*

18. Fafner

Mass Effect is one of my all time favorite franchises ^^ I think the ending was good, although I was wishing for a "Cure Thane Krios" sidemission in the 3rd game...

19. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

I played the first Mass Effect when I had a 360 and thought it was great. Now a PC gamer and the joypad support just isn't there (3rd party solutions - but not great)

Back into consoles shortly as an Xbox One is on order.

20. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :tears:

Or at least have him survive long enough to be cured with
    the Synthesis ending.

He was one of my more favorite characters.