1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alein Isolation = Heart attack

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chelski, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Chelski

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't seen any of the films.. or played any other of the 'Alien' games. Alein Isolation is my first experience. The only reason why I bought it was because I seen PewDiePie play it on one of his videos and it looked fun.

I have never felt my heart beat so hard against my chest over a game before!! Of course I know the alien is gonna eat me and whatnot but its the dramatic sounds the game has!! And sometimes it starts making noises when there nothing there!! I don't know whether its just my TV but I finding I'm having to turn the volume up to hear the characters talk which is then making the 'jumpy' bits more... 'JUMPY'

So.. actually get to the part where there is an alien (it takes a while for it to find me) and I cant kill it! I guess all my weapons are useless.. so I run. I bump into this weird android/robot thing which is also trying to kill me for some reason! Runs away from that and find some humans who are again trying to kill me!! I seriously have no idea why everyone is trying to kill me off!!:bang:

I havent gotten that far in the game because it takes me like a day to move around a corner because I'm too scared :eek:

Am I the only one who gets scared easily over stupid things?!

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alien Isolation is a brilliant game, and it is scary! I really recommend looking up Alien and Aliens (the sequel). They're just amazing films, and will provide a bit of a back story for what's going on!

You can't kill the Alien in the game, but you do get a flamethrower later on to scare it off. I'm sorry to say the game only gets more intense as it goes on!

3. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think, it's fine, as long as you're still able to play the game and it doesn't give you terrible nightmares. I used to have nightmares about crushing ceilings and acid when I played Doom and Alien Trilogy. Almost everyone gets scared over 'stupid' things. Video games might not scare some people, but something else 'stupid' will scare them.

I've never played Alien Isolation, but what do you lose when you die? Most modern games just put you back to a checkpoint, and you can try again. Next time you might want to try making a last stand, unless you have A LOT to lose. Running into uncharted territory is usually one of the worst things you can do, because you might find more enemies. Although it might be an option if you can make the enemies attack each other. You should make tactical retreats into familiar environments, especially if you've left items or traps. And I've just read that you can't kill the alien xD Well, I'm not good at stealth games, let's just say I fought my way through Metal Gear Solid!

4. Chelski

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More intense!! .. flamethrower?! .. I cant even handle a stun stick thing!! :tears: I bet if you could actually see me playing this you would be laughing.. I'm constantly looking at the radar beeping and hiding under the bed things..

There are like these telephone machines on the wall which overrides the auto save feature. I think there are more of those than the game auto saving itself. So I'm guessing these are the checkpoints.. The problem is I don't want to be looking around for these when I could be running to be next objective which hopefully the alien doesn't follow me.. :grin: Some of my mates where I work was explaining about the back story because I was complain about Ripley going on this ship :dry:

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I passed on it cause the reviews I heard were terrible, but I am a big fan of the alien franchise and I had been following this game for awhile. It's nice to see they seem to have put alot of effort into capturing the tone and atmosphere of the first Alien movie but I'm just not sold on the gameplay. I worry it'll be fun for the first hour then become repetitive. I am a big fan of stealth/survival horror games though so I'm on the fence. If I can't try it at a friend's I'll pick it up when it's cheap I guess

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I'd give it a go. I also read the bad reviews, but having played the game I'm really surprised they didn't like it. Obviously it depends how invested you are in the Alien franchise, and how much you get 'into' the mood of the game (ie. switching the lights out, and playing through headphones). I think if you approached the game determined not to be scared, constantly rushing the Alien and letting it kill you, some of the atmosphere may wear off. As a big Alien fan to another though, I do recommend it.

Chelski is right. There are no checkpoints, only manual save points in the form of phones. It takes time to save at them. The Alien can kill you while you save. It's... tense.

#6 Spartan 117, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  7. Chelski

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Obviously I've heard of the alien franchise but this the frist time I've ever bought a game like this. I'm finding it hard now to find a game I actually enjoy playing and lasts longer than a couple days.

Even though I'm terrified I am really enjoying it.

8. Notlad

I've thought of purchasing this game, but the mixed reviews have steered me away.