1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Minecraft Out of Style Now?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by twospiritlycan, Nov 15, 2014.

1. I started getting addicted to Minecraft again. I don't know how to install mods so I only play Vanilla Minecraft. The modded Minecraft stuff looks awesome and I want to try it out, but I don't know how to use mods.

So is considered out of style to play vanilla minecraft after putting it off for a couple of years?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have never played it, and my little cousin, who's only a few years old, is addicted to it. Sorry I can't help you, but don't worry about what others think. I used to play Age of Empires 3 constantly even though it was quite old (well, it was on Mac, so it was released much later than on PC), and I kind of liked that I could put it on full graphics and still have my computer working well (sadly that's not the case for online multiplayer).

3. shinji

shinji Guest

It's old, and basically pointless in the long run. Sure there are some interesting mods out there, but nothing too groundbreaking.

The fact is, you quickly get a feel for how things work and therefore get bored. There is a lot of stuff you can do in Minecraft (especially modded) but in the end, it's all kind of pointless.

4. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Many people play vanilla Minecraft. It's not considered "out of style". Although, it is a hell of a lot better with mods.

Using mods isn't hard. You need a mod holder though. A common mod holder is Magic Launcher. I haven't played Minecraft in a while, so I don't know much about it anymore. But I'll tell you that's what I used for my mods.

Also, if you succeed in finding a sufficient mod holder, don't download random mods off of random websites. Only use trusted ones, because you'd never know which ones are viruses.

5. I used to be addicted, and I even made a few mods back in the day. I haven't played in a long while, and whenever I do I tend to get bored, as its a lot of the same content... idk if that's just me being a silly keagie but it might be phasing out..(?) :slight_smile: play it if you want, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it as long as you have fun :grin:

6. Hatsune Miku

even if it considered "out of style" you should play it anyways

the only thing that really matters is whether or not you're having fun

7. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no way Minecraft is out of style.

You know, I play vanilla Minecraft (whispers) sometimes on console!

8. Yosia

research the internet on how to install them. :3

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Madness! It's been out for a few years, but the game now is vastly different from what it used to be in terms of late-game features. Magic, dungeons, redstone systems, other realms, and advanced tech like pistons (more akin to hydraulic rams) can all be had. And it's exactly as pointless or laser-focused as the player intends. I've played Minecraft for days with a specific goal in mind and felt great when it was accomplished. And for people without self-motivation, there is always the Ender Dragon which needs defeating.

Mods are fun too, but I sort of gave up on gameplay mods because every official update kills some or all of them. Kerbal Space Program (what I affectionately consider Minecraft In Space) is the only game I care enough about to keep updating the mods lol.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Minecraft is a good example of, you get out of it what you put into it.

I have two Minecraft projects that, I work on from time to time.

Project #1 is an attempt to replicate Nazi Germany's Germania.

Project #2 is an attempt to create the ultimate World War I battlefield, complete with lots of trenches, traps, and turrets.

I have other files, where I mess around, but nothing too serious is ever done on them.

As for the mods, many of them only make the items and skins, look nicer. Which can be beneficial, if you're OCD about aesthetics.