1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game OC'S

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mysz, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Mysz

So! OC's. Ideally, we love the OC's we create like the mind-babies they are. BUT, there are those Who Shall Not Be Named; those that you spend more time designing than playing, quickly get bored of, and avada kevadra them into oblivion.

I have a terrible problem with this. All of my Skyrim characters end up looking and acting alike; it's like I'm doing the same playthrough with each poor new creation. Can't get emotionally attached to any of them.

Anyone want to share their OC's, and perhaps some tips on creating a lasting one?

2. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you can start simple with a name and a MBTI type or other random personality test? I find names on the internet and check out their meanings. I want it to be connected to something that suits a warrior. I can't really explain how I flesh out my characters. It seemingly comes from nowhere. Tragic backstories almost write themselves.

Emotional connection? I see events from the perspective of my character! I almost become that character while I'm playing and I like most of the characters I create. Eventually, I find myself taking on a bit of the personality of the character. That's one reason why I'm afraid to play evil characters!

I get good ideas at random times and it's worth it to write them down. Maybe that also happens to you. If you're talking about appearance, I don't spend much time on that; they just need to look presentable. All of my characters end up like steel tanks on legs anyway.

Recently I got Skyrim, and I'm waiting for the strategy guide to arrive. It's tempting to jump in, but I must plan my build.

3. BigBadBasher

BigBadBasher Guest

If you think game OC's are hard to create, try making one for funny comics. It's next to impossible since its from scratch!!

But for games i would go for what's appealing to me in both appearance and personality. Sometimes you could experiment with making the personality first, and then thinking of what would look great to match that personality