1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Smash Bros won't have dlc?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Quiet Raven, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Quiet Raven

Nintendo isn't working on any paid DLC for Super Smash Bros. • Eurogamer.net

That is more then a little disappointing. I was really hoping they would continue to support the game throughout the whole generation. This is the kind of game, more then any other, that I think dlc would work perfectly for.

I do hope Sakurai changes his mind on this.

---------- Post added 20th Nov 2014 at 09:42 AM ----------

It is nice they aren't dropping a bunch right at the start. I'm just saying I hope they continue to add content.

I mean, maybe that is all this means. Maybe it is good news. Hard to say I guess. Lol

2. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

No no no nooooooooooo this is terrible news. This is the one game where I don't give a fuck if they milk the living shit out of it. IT'S SMASH! There are never enough characters, never enough stages, never enough tracks, never enough trophies AND I WANT WOLF AND SNAKE BACK DAMMIT

Also, the 3DS version is severely gimped and, with the release of the new 3DS, I was reeeeaaaally looking forward to some batch of 3DS exclusive dlc to even the field between both versions of the game.

C'MON NINTENDO. This is the one instance when I would happily burn my wallet to honor the Gods of DLC. Don't be stupid Ninty. Take. My. Money. Please.

#2 Rawrzilla, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
  3. Hiems

It's OK if they don't add more content. The game is already loaded with so many features that its longevity should outlast that of all of its predecessors. There's that YouTube video that described all of the bells and whistles that come with the game. It's gonna be awesome!

However, like you guys, I am disappointed that they're not introducing DLC characters. The character roster is already huge, but more wouldn't hurt :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Looks like I need to switch to full time employment over the holidays so that I can save up and then afford a Wii U and the game, haha.

4. Quiet Raven

Yeah. Although even if it does have a lot of content, one thing it is still largely missing is alternate costumes. It has some, but not nearly as much as lots of other fighting games. And I love having costume varieties.

5. Fafner

Totally agree with you, and I really think nintendo are missing out on a LOT of opportunities unless the change their mind!

6. Hatsune Miku

wasn't Mewtwo supposed to be DLC or did they change that?

7. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Good. I'm glad they released the whole game in the first place, even if they did release it twice within the space of two months knowing EVERYONE WOULD TOTALLY BUY IT TWICE AND FUCKING LOVE IT

8. Quiet Raven

Yeah. I forgot to specify in the title "paid dlc". The link has all the info though. Mewtwo is still " free" dlc if you get both versions of the game. And as of now, that's it.

So, if I understand correctly, perhaps this means we are still likely to get more "free" dlc with other games. Perhaps something like... A free stage or character to come with the next Zelda game. Stuff like that. And if that is the case, I think that could be cool.