1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox one or Ps4

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Clancularius, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

It's been a year now since the xbox one and ps4 released and I am trying to decide which to get.:help:

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! PS4 and Xbox One are very similar at the moment. PS4 is the slightly more powerful console, and seems to have less technical difficulties when running multi-platform games. Having said that, I own an Xbox One, and I'm quite happy with it. The main reason I bought an Xbox is simply because I love Halo and knew that wasn't coming to PS4. I also have more Xbox Live friends than on PS Network.

So my advice is look at the upcoming games, see if there's any you like for either console. If you have more online friends on one of the consoles, consider going for that one. Generally go for the one you think is cooler. Otherwise, they really are very similar, and there's no right or wrong decision.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Xbox is more geared towards casual/family atmospheres. PS has always been about pure gaming. Won't get into technicalities, but as Spartan said, PS4 is slightly better.

4. 741852963

Perhaps one additional factor to bear in mind is the size difference, the XBox One is HUGE compared to the PS4 (or the XBOX360 or PS3 Slim for that matter) See here:

The Xbox One Is Enormous In Comparison To The PS4 | TechCrunch

and here:

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_medium/463/4636510/2378375-3636178393-ps4-s.JPG

Might not be an issue for you, but if space is really tight like it is for me it might need to be considered.

Perhaps XBox will release an XBox One Slim in a year or two? No good if you want it now though, and I doubt they'd manage to slim it down that considerably - it seems they needed it to be huge for whatever reason.

5. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Neither. Get a powerful PC and call it a day until Microsoft and Sony step up their exclusives game 'cuz right now it still sucks.

6. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

I've been PC only for the last few years. I buckled last week due to the Halo release and jumped into XBOX One. Loving things so far :slight_smile:

There isn't too much between the systems - the kinect is fun though. Have a look at the exclusives available and due out and see which you prefer - base your decision on that.

Xbox One is able to do media streaming and there is a Plex app which is fantastic :slight_smile:

7. Q-Tip

They are both good choices but you have one thing to think about, do you want a family kind of system? Eg. something to watch Netflix and play a little bit with family? Or a system to play games and for most part only games?

Get Xbone if you want the first and PS4 if you want the later.
    Also if you really want certain exclusives thats something you gotta think of.

8. We have the PS4, and it's amazing. It easily converted me into a PS fan.

9. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a PS4 but you can't really go wrong. The vast majority of games are going to be the same on both systems. If a particular group of exclusives appeals to you or you have a lot of friends that you'd like to play online with, go with that system. I went with the PS4 since I didn't think I'd use Kinect much to justify the extra $100, but that's no longer an issue.

10. Fantie

Fantie Guest

PS is overrated

11. 741852963

Actually, you can get Netflix on the PS4 now apparently. Plus its always worth checking your TV as many now carry Smart functionality (with access to Netflix) anyway - all the new Sony TVs do.

12. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I too am in the camp that would recommend ditching consoles for a pc for several reasons. If you're not sure how to do that at the same price of consoles, this may help.

However, I'd recommend the PS4 over the XBox One because of better hardware. Better hardware means higher resolution games at higher framerates. If you're going to be stuck with the same hardware for many years, superior hardware is a big deal in my book.

13. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  14. Q-Tip

15. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

[​IMG]

I actually agree Kotaku is usually my go to for information, then Polygon

16. TheHesitantAlien

1) PC for dayzzzzz! XD
    2) Screw both Xbox One and PS4, I want a Wii U! (P.S. Don't hate - I'm a Zelda/Pokémon/Nintendo in general fanboy! XD)