1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discovered Gems

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Q-Tip, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Q-Tip

So I am making a thread all about games you have discovered that you would like to share. Now how is this different from the what are you playing thread? Well I feel this is more about finding a random game that isn't super popular and bringing it to light.

For instance, have you heard of a game called Dungeon Of The Endless?
    Its a rougelike tower defense game where in which you explorer floor by floor gaining resources and leveling your heroes up.
    Heres a trailer: [YOUTUBE]Y_OAL_O_Ccc[/YOUTUBE]
    I'm hoping this thread can be something you can go to when you don't know what to play and nothing new is really popping at you.

2. Ryujin

'Don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story
    Was in a top 100 free games lost in PC Gamer magazine UK. So glad I checked it out.

3. Quiet Raven

Corpse Party on the PSP. Best horror game I played.

4. shinji

shinji Guest

Benoit Sokal games...

Random spoiler, Syberia 3 is due to be released in 2015, hope they don't flunk it.

[YOUTUBE=9VeEuc1AH-w]Post Mortem[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE=o4IstDuvyzc]Syberia[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE=ciEUukJWN2s]Syberia 2[/YOUTUBE]

5. twosoups

I've got three. For some Xbox nostalgia: "Gladius"
    For some tear jerking story: "To the Moon"
    and for one of the greatest rpg's I've played: "Mount and Blade:Warband"

6. DinelodiiGitli

For DS: Magical Starsign (easily one of my favorite RPGs if not my favorite), Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (more of a story than a game but....) and there was one other crime themed game but I can't remember the name of it >_<
    For PC: Sluggish Morss (more of an experiment and goodness it is WEIRD) and Only If (beautiful graphics and quite fun if you like first person puzzlers). Both of those are free, by the way.

7. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nier on PS3. It doesn't get much better than incorporating impalement magic into your combos. The boss battles are inventive and engaging. I don't usually pay attention to stories, but, Nier has an AMAZING story. Also, it's one of the few games in which I'd rather listen to the soundtrack than my MP3 player! Hell, you even get to charge around on the back of a wild boar and that's so funny. It's a short game, but you'll want to complete it several times because you discover more about the story and continue to level up. You can even go fishing and/or grow crops, if you're feeling a bit mad. I don't wanna spoil it for anyone, but my second playthrough really hit close to home. Finally, to anyone that has completed this game a few times...
    congratulations for deleting your saved data! Plus I felt like the bad guy when I murdered Hansel and Gretel again! xD

Valkyria Chronicles on PS3. How do you fancy being the leader of some small underdog army? Also, you get to control a tank and run over people! It's an excellent strategy game and your minions aren't exactly disposable. Would you use one of your units as cannon fodder and then fail to rescue them? Well, too bad, because now they're dead and gone forever! Sorry, you can't simply cash in on tiberium and build new units. The key to success is to remember what each person is good at... or to spam that one ability, although that ruins the experience.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International on PS3. It's awesome if you've got A LOT of time to devote to an RPG. I think the real game begins after you've completed the main story and you unlock harder difficulty levels to play through the game again and suffer enjoy even greater challenges. I love the battle system and there's more than one hidden dungeon. Because a colosseum mode just isn't enough for some people, and the brave do not fear the grave. Hey, just wait until you fight the Ethereal Queen, especially on one of the harder difficulty levels. It's also fun to collect materials and build the ultimate equipment which you're gonna need. Finally, you gain bonus EXP if you refrain from save scumming.

Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match on PS3. It's a bit similar to the brilliant BlazBlue, only with much less content and you can learn this game quicker. Basically a decent 2D fighter. Everyone plays Chizuru. I found the final score attack boss to be more challenging than Parace L'Sia of Arcana Heart 3. At least Arcana Heart 3 felt sorry for me and practically handed me the victory after many failures. I don't wanna sound arrogant, but I've defeated Persona 4 Arena's score attack Elizabeth and so I know when the computer is a cheating bastard. You earn a trophy just for reaching score attack Chizuru! Fun fact; This game is full of eroge characters.

Blast Chamber on the PS1. Are you the type of person that actually enjoys playing Monopoly? If so, you'll have no problems virtually murdering your friends in a manner which feels infinitely more personal than Call of Duty. This is one of my fave games from when I was a kid. It's a totally morally bankrupt competition in which athletes (trained from birth for this purpose) have bombs strapped to their backs... just think of something similar to the Running Man film. One of the best multiplayer games EVER.

Now I'm gonna mention a few games I imported...

E.X. Troopers on PS3. No, it has nothing to do with the funny Starship Troopers or its godawful sequel. Get this game if you enjoy third-person shooters. It's got loads of action and it's pretty funny as well. This was one of my first imports from Japan and it was more than worth it. You don't need to understand any Japanese. Objectives are quite obvious.

Gundam Breaker on PS3. If you're a Gundam fan and you want the fun of building custom Gundam, without spending ludicrous amounts of money on kits... this game was made for YOU. Very simple gameplay and fun online cooperative mode. You really don't need to understand much Japanese, but a little bit would help a lot.

Gundam Extreme vs Full Boost on PS3. Giant fighting robots! Isn't that an awesome enough reason? This game is even better than Gundam Battle Assault 2. Be prepared to spend a lot of time mastering it. It takes no prisoners. The replay mode is also fun. You can watch matches from multiple perspectives. The main menu is in English and you don't need to know Japanese to enjoy this game.

A few years ago I would've mentioned Hyperdimension, but those games aren't exactly rare thesedays. Hilarious RPG games. I prefer physical copies of video games. I haven't bought many PSN games (around 30, I think) and therefore can't really comment on such things.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

I came in here just to post this. It is nothing like a triple-A title. It is sometimes less than pretty or polished, but has depth and balls that would never be seen on a console. Bannerlord should be everything Warband is and more. :love: