1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have this problem with fps's and "mouse" games?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JessicaWolfess, Nov 24, 2014.

1. JessicaWolfess

So basically my whole life I've had this problem where my arms and hands shake (Had it checked as a kid, has nothing to do with my brain and I don't have parkensens disease (or however you spell it) ) So naturally I have problems with mouse oriented gaming....especially fps's. I try to put the sensitivity as low as possible but in games like cs, cod and battlefield it's never enough. I see a enemy and try to aim but my crosshair/iron sights/scope goes everywhere except the enemy so I get barely any kills....I can play eh-ishly on consoles but playing multiplayer pc games with a controller is a no-go.....Some games like skyrim where aiming isn't so necesary except with a bow I'm ok with....but yeah.....I have considered giving up gaming all together because of this

2. DinelodiiGitli

Do you know why you shake (possibly anxiety or blood sugar issues)? I used to (and still do sometimes) have similar problems but it seems that SSRI's have helped. I wouldn't give up gaming though there are a couple computer mouses by Logitech that are pretty good for those with shaky hands (I've heard the MX1100 cordless laser mouse is good).

3. shinji

shinji Guest

- Try to work on reducing/controlling the shakiness.
    - Get a grippier mouse mat.
    - Invest in a heavier mouse (preferably with weights), that also have a dedicated DPI shift button, or the ability to set one. Also it's somewhat of a good idea to get one with separate control over vertical and horizontal DPI sensitivity.
    - Disable mouse acceleration from registry.
    - Consider using aimbots.
    - Play in lower brackets, against easier opponents until you get enough practice with being able to control the mouse.
    - Experiment with different types of grips. Generally speaking, the more surface you are able to hold of the mouse, the better the grip will be, and therefore the control.
    - Try controlling the mouse with your wrist, not actually moving it around the mat (requires higher DPI), this allows for you to rest the wrist on the mat, and stabilize yoru hand for more precision.
    - When setting sensitivity, always do so, using the mouse DPI settings, not the windows/game settings.

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with DinelodiiGitli. There are many possiblities. I know I shake if I'm getting really hungry (likely blood sugar related), and occasionally I get these almost uncontrollable twitches that almost feel like a chill down my spine, or my neck suddenly turning to one side (usually my left). Never had any of this diagnosed, though. Wish I would have said something as a kid, as I would almost always get the chill down my spine shortly after taking my ritalin, and motor tics are a possible LONG TERM side effect of the drug... (I hated being on that drug anyway)

#4 confuzzled82, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014