1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipad or Kindle Fire

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by riptide226, Nov 25, 2014.

1. riptide226

Im debating whether to get an Ipad Air or a Kindle Fire and wanted to know your opinions:help:

2. Rainbows~Exist

What do you prefer more: reading or using the internet and various apps?

3. riptide226

umm well they are both of great interest to me

4. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have used both and I prefer Ipad. It has an easier user interface and I feel like it gives you more options to customize to fit your personality better, though it is more expensive.

5. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

Instead of choosing between two products arbitrarily, you should start with the features that you're looking for. Then find a product that matches those features the best and is in your price range. The Kindle Fire and iPad are completely different devices that will suit very different purposes. Once you know what you want to do with the device, you might also find that a completely different product fits your needs better.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went back and forth quite a bit. Several of my friends have Kindles, and several have ipads, so I got to use both pretty extensively before buying one.

Ultimately, I chose the ipad for a variety of reasons.

For one, the integration/ecosystem between the iphone/ipad/MacOS is really tight, and since I already use the other two, it made a lot of sense to have the flexibility and shared resources between the devices. If you're more of a Windows or Android person, obviously this won't matter to you.

For another... Apple really does have the user interface experience down better than anybody else. There may be more flexibility with Android devices, more/faster hardware options, and plenty of other compelling reasons why the Kindle Fire is a better choice for some people... but for me, personally, the ipad has been a much better choice.

7. riptide226

thanks everyone I have chosen to get an ipad
    enjoy using this thread to compare opinions