1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody play rhythm games like Vocaloid?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lawrence, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm playing this awesome Vocaloid game called 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' on my Vita.

I'm completely new to this video game genre (unless you count playing Guitar Hero at parties and I personally didn't like it) and right now the normal difficulty level is challenging enough. I'm trying to stop relying on my reaction speed and just remember the tunes.

Do you play games such as this? How do you master them? Is it gonna take me a year and a day to complete a level on the extreme difficulty?

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually want to have Project Diva. :lol:

The thing with these series.. The background is distracting! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's not sole rhythm here, you really have to concentrate. The things appear to come out of all corners, the background is moving, it's flashy, so it's not easy at all. It's normal to find it challenging. But you will get there, eventually. :icon_bigg

That being said, the hard difficulty or anything more than that, is absolutely difficult!! :lol: Like what you said, trying to remember the tune, playing the songs multiple times, that'll do the trick. :icon_bigg

3. Hatsune Miku

sadly I have never had the privilege playing any Vocaloid games ;_;

4. LyndisLegion

Out Status:
    Some people
    I really like rhythm games! I've never played any Vocaloid games, but my cousin owns Project Diva F and she seems to really like it!

Personally my favourite rhythm games are 'Space Channel 5: Part 2' for the PS2, 'Elite Beat Agents' for the DS and 'Rhythm Thief and The Emperor's Treasure' for the 3DS. I also liked playing DDR and Stepmania back when it was popular. You should definitely try Elite Beat Agents if you enjoy Project Diva F.

For me, it's just practice, practice, practice. After failing so many times you usually end up trying to memorize the difficult parts in a song to the point where you should be able to work out the right moves with the right timing.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't play vocaloid but I do play these rhythm games

first is patapon where you control your army with drum beats and use music to attack, you have to be good with keeping rhythm .

You can also use drum drum beats to control weather
    [youtube]OJ4Wj9eEYQc[/youtube]

fight monsters
    [youtube]v3_vAeyh1qE[/youtube]

Locoroco made from the same makers of patapon but the difference is the more you play and things you touch the more music you unlock and beats to a song

[youtube]q3AstIaCREA[/youtube]

[youtube]Ion3QKOgk9k[/youtube]

6. OMG YES PROJECT DIVA F 2ND IS MY GAME!!!

I even used to play the vocaloid party pack on stepmania hehe