1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBone

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Benway, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Benway

Benway Guest

Does anybody have an Xbox One? Or "XBone" or whatever people call it? I'm thinking of getting one, if for no other reason, for Dead Rising 3 and Sunset Overdrive and Doom 4 and a few other Next-Gen games. But is the system good? I just want to know before I dump 450 bucks into it.

2. shinji

shinji Guest

Go for PS4, unless the majority of your friends already own an Xbox, or if you anticipate a lot (not just 3...) games that are going to come out and are exclusive for the console.

Buying a console, just for 3 games, is... not very wise. PS4 is more, gaming oriented and the profiles there connect better with the "pc world". There are even games that can be played cross-platform. Technically speaking, it's even slightly better than Xbox.

3. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like my xbone so far. Picked up the sunset overdrive bundle so I could have the white console. Fun game for what little I've played it. Been playing the he'll out of titanfall though. Microsoft even dropped the price for the system without Kinect to just 349.99.

4. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

The ps4 and Xbox one are on equal footing. Technically speaking it does have a slight edge but it's pretty tiny.
    The only thing that should make your decision is the exclusives on the system. I'd be careful jumping into one system just because one person says it's better. That's subjective.

I went Xbox due to the Halo exclusive collection. I'm enjoying the system and the kindest is a fun bit of kit.

5. Benway

Benway Guest

Well, I have a PlayStation 3, and I initially thought I'd get a PS4, but after looking at the two systems, I ultimately think that this time around the Xbone has better characteristics than the PS4, despite the E3 disaster. Where the PS3 started weak when it came out, ultimately it was the better system between it and the Xbox 360, technically speaking. However, the 360 was ultimately the more popular system in the long haul.

And this time around, the PS4 has the popularity edge and the Bone has the technical edge and I think the Bone is more for me because of that. I'm not a PC gamer, hell, I'm not even a PC user, I use a Mac. And the Bone has a few more interesting looking games than the PS4 for me, like Dead Rising 3 and Sunset Overdrive, and there's always the possibility of Fable IV in the future.

6. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hehe XBone, still kills me XD Personally I'm not a fan of Microsoft or their systems. I don't trust their policies and they've usually done more to exploit gamers rather than appeal to them. The XBone is not for me, but if you think it's for you go for it! :slight_smile:

I plan to get a PS4 eventually primarily for Gotham Knight and Final Fantasy XV (even though I think its gonna be crap xD) but my main system right now is the Wii U. It's the only system that seems worthwhile to me at the moment.

7. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Please quote some sources for that? If you think a major corporation like Microsoft has done anything worse than the major corporation of Sony I would say you're living in a little bubble all of your own making..

8. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't consider Xbox live exploitation? Cause I sure as hell do. It's worse than freemium games... Or what about the early version of the XBone? I'm not a fan of the PS4 picking up the pay to play online feature either though, note how I currently only own a Wii U... but at least Playstation plus has its perks... Frankly though you're welcome to think what you want, I'm not missing out on anything by not buying xbox systems. :/

9. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

I don't consider Xbox Live any more exploitative than Sony's take on it. What makes you think an online 'service' should be free? Your sense of over-entitlement amuses me :eusa_clap

I'm quite willing to pay a nominal fee for a service that is good. Xbox Live has certainly proven it works well and has done for many, many years.
    I'm also a PC gamer so I'm not overly tied to the Xbox. The whole 'this major corporation is better than that one' is so funny it hurts. All companies exploit their customers - it's the way of the consumerist world.
    I was a PS3 gamer although their online side of things was quite weak.

But fanboys who defend massive global corporations over other massive global corporations is really the height of idiocy.

10. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you're the amusing one, you've gone out of your way to try to skewer my opinion on the matter. Does it really matter to you that much what I think of one corporation over another? And calling me a fanboy is rude, I'm a fangirl. :lol: I'm not even a Sony fangirl, I'm a Nintendo fan... If anything you seem like more of a fanboy for taking so much issue with me. You can call it a sense of over entitlement but they aren't the ones who host the servers for Netflix, Youtube, or any other online service save for their own personally created games and services. Excuse me for not want to pay them to let me use Netflix on their system when I'm already paying for netflix in the first place. This is a point Sony used to have the higher ground on but not anymore. The PS4's implementation of Playstation+ as a requirement to play online is frankly disheartening. Yes though, I will always take the lesser of two evils when choosing between the mainstream consoles. Microsoft has never been that lesser evil to me so why would I pick them?

#10 Nekoko, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  11. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

My bad I meant fanperson to be PC about things :wink:

12. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Much better! :kiss:(*hug*)

13. Benway

Benway Guest

Oh, God, let's not talk about PCs and PC gaming versus console gaming, that always ends in a war.

14. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Lol, no because :wink:

[​IMG]

15. Benway

Benway Guest

See, it's all fun and games right now, but soon someone's gonna take that seriously and we're gonna be in the middle of Pokeshipping War II, here.

16. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PC ELITIST! :lol:frowning2:*hug*)

I have nothing against PC gaming, I have like 113 games on steam right now XD

17. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Lol, I have both, there's good games on both systems but the unique stuff tends to flourish more on the PC. I'm holding off buying GTA 5 for the PC for the modding community and the edge in graphical fidelity.

Everything has pro's and cons

18. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hehe XBone sounds vaguely sexual if you dont read out the acronym xD