1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire Emblem

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Quiet Raven, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Quiet Raven

Well I just beat Fire Emblem Awakening for the first time, and I'm totally obsessed with it. I also just restarted it again on Hard mode the same day, lol.

I love Fire Emblem. And I was wondering how many other people here play it. What are your favorite games in the series? And why?

My favorites are still Path Of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. These games have the best stories I have ever seen in a video game, next to Persona 4.

To me, those tackle themes of discrimination better then any game I have played. And they have so many twists and surprises. Every character is unique and realistic. While most of the main characters are open minded, friendly, and fighting for peace and equality. There are people on your team who, while very useful, have their own reasons for fighting, and are still complete jerks and racist as hell. And I like that, it is more complex then a lot of other "racism games" I've played. Where every member of your team is 100% with you on everything. Soren is one of my favorite characters, because he struggles to shake off the hatred he was taught to feel all his life. But others don't even try.

I also love how closely connected these 2 games are. They really are just one big, epic story. And there are so many subtle hints about the RD in PoR. Things that you won't think much of when you first play, but go back to it later and you will understand it better. It made PoR a lot of fun to replay after playing RD.

I could go into more detail, but I don't wanna give away any spoilers for those who haven't played them.

To me, Awakening was pretty disappointing with its story, but it still had a great cast of characters, and as always, really fun gameplay. I also love the character creation thing too. Even if it is a little limiting.

2. Ryujin

I plan on buying Awakening at some point, I've never played any of the others before, though I would like to.

3. Ryu

Ryu

I got awakening really quickly after it's release, and I managed to get the preorder art book without perordering it somehow... It's the first fire emblem game I've played, bu I'm trying to get some of the original games for my GBA. I really enjoy playing as the fire eblem characters in smash, especially robin, as he is my main next to samus and ness... I digress. I'd say that my faviroute character in awakening is either Henry, because I find he's a relatable character, Ryu (my player avatar dude), Lucina (don't really have a reason), or Noir because... I dunno, there's something cool about her...

4. Quiet Raven

Lol. Yeah Noir is pretty cool. But I think Tharja is my favorite in Awakening. Her obsession with Hexas is hilarious.
    She curses Noir to have a runny nose for 3 days straight.... I love it, lol.

The only Fire Emblem game I haven't played out of the ones released in English is the first one that was. Commonly known as Fire Emblem 7. I still want to play that one someday, lol.

5. LD579

I love Fire Emblem :grin: My favourites in that series are also the Tellius ones, due to the gameplay and characters and plot generally being very enjoyable. Awakening was mostly a fanservice game to the extreme, but it was alright, I suppose. Fire Emblem 7 is very fun and I wholeheartedly recommend you play it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'd not derail, but it looks like you play Persona, maybe? I've only played the fighting game Persona 4 Arena but I kind of want to get into the 5th one, maybe.