1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Cards

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by twospiritlycan, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Hello. Is my graphics card out of date? Do I need to upgrade in the near future or is it fine for now?

it's an Ice Q X Radeon HD 7850 card. Got the name from the numbers on the hardware, and the Radeon name from the software. It's able to play Skyrim at ultra settings, but some games like GTA IV made it incredibly hot within ten minutes.

If I do need an upgrade, what is best suited?

2. JessicaWolfess

Gta 4 is a horribly optimised game, no matter what card you run it on from a crappy gt 610 to quad gtx titan black z's in sli gta 4 is going to run crap because the coders picked their noses on the job rather than actually code the game to work on pc's well!

And honestly that card sounds fine if you are happy with medium graphical quality in modern games :slight_smile:

3. kem

kem

I tried to play gta 4 on my 2013 haswell mba, with integrated hd 5000 graphics. it simply would not run – maybe 2 or 3 fps and it crashed. I guess the game just sucks.

(I can play skyrim, ffxiv, deus ex:HR just fine)

4. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Yeah that integrated graphics card just isn't sufficient, not surprised it crashed.