1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent in-ear headphones

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 741852963, Dec 4, 2014.

1. 741852963

I get through so many pairs of earphones which is obviously not great for the planet. I have so many boxes of headphone packaging lying around its untrue!

Typically in-ear headphones last me about 6-12months - usually giving up the ghost due to frayed cables, one side stopping working, volume reducing, or just generally breaking.

At present I've been buying £10-20 earphones (budget brands like JVC marshmallows, Sennheiser CX300 - all nice sounding but terribly fragile). I'm sure the more up market headphones like Shure might last a little longer but I'm not sure whether it will be worth it (if £100 Shure's last me two years I would have probably only spend £40 in that same period if using budget earphones).

Anyone got any favourites that work well? I'm not a massive audiophile - as long as bass is audible, and the phones are clear its fine. I do prefer ones with an over-ear clip to avoid them falling out, preferably with those interchangeable rubber cups and some degree of water/sweat-resistance as I use them when working out.

I've been looking at the Yurbuds (look more designed for sport) and House of Marley (boast of sustainable production) ones?

2. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a bit of a HoM fan. I know they're sound isn't top-notch, but it's more than good for a audio-noob such as myself. I had the Midnight Ravers first, got them for about 20$ at FS. They're my longest lasting earbuds so far in life. They do the job. Last year, I grabbed a pair of the on-ear HoM Liberate, and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

That said. It really depends on what kind of music you're going to be listening to.

3. IG88

Wow. Idk how one goes through that many headphones.

I like the iPod earpods. They fit in my ear nice, but if I'm working out I use Sony wrap around the ear earphones.

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're still on a (relative) budget, I'd really recommend the Sound Magic E10 headphones. :slight_smile: You can buy them on Amazon for around £35 to £40. They have excellent sound quality. They also come with interchangeable rubber ear buds of various sizes. No overear clip though, so you'll just have to make sure they're a snug fit. I find the iPhone headphones suit me better, but for in-ear and if I want the best quality I use these.

I saw them recommended in a magazine which said their quality was just as good as the really expensive headphones and I have to agree.

I'm not sure how durable they are, but I know mine haven't broken yet!