1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite game of 2014

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JackAttack, Dec 5, 2014.

1. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

With 2014 coming to an end, what was your favourite game that you played during the year? This could be your overall favourite or favourite of a certain genre etc.

For a first person shooter, I loved Bioshock Infinite. The story was brilliant and the ending took me by surprise. The gameplay was good too.

For strategy and probably my overall favourite game was loved Europe Univeralis 4. I have probably played this way too much this year and I still struggle with it.

2. Quiet Raven

If we are talking games I played this year and not just games that were released...

Persona 4. I actually played that for the first time this year. And was absolutely blown away by how good it is. It is actually my favorite game of all time.

Best characters I have ever seen in an RPG, surprisingly complex and unique, and the story always kept me interested. I love the themes of identity and pursuing your true self. And lots of cool symbolism too.

#2 Quiet Raven, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  3. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Although it's not quite fully released I've been enjoying exploring elite dangerous :slight_smile: oh and reliving the halo collection

4. shinji

shinji Guest

I guess, Thief... But mostly due to everything else sucking a lot.

5. C P

C P

Have a few favorites, honestly:

- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
    - Shovel Knight
    - Pokémon ORAS(ofc)

6. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Surprising since Thief was panned by reviewers and there have been plenty more highly rated games this year :wink:

7. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Just any game that you have played. I didnt say games that were released :slight_smile:.

#7 JackAttack, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
  8. came out this year: oras
    that I played: xenoblade :slight_smile:

9. titanV

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Unquestionably Dark Souls 2!

Man, did I have high expectations for this game, especially since Thief 1, 2 & all the fan missions were my favorite games ever. The gameplay was actually decent, but the plot... Frankly, I enjoyed the side missions more than the main story; the bank mission brought back a lot of memories. After this flop, no way we'll see another Thief.. :tears:

10. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bioshock was this year? Well, it was awesome. That ending. The DLC was excellent too.

Even though it has its problems, I've probably enjoyed and played Destiny the most. I think it helps that I always have friends to play it with, though.

11. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I only started playing it this year.

Destiny was really fun but the story and content should have been a lot more for what they spent on it. Also, £20 for the expansion pack that only has a new raid, strike and a few new items. Not worth £20 and this stuff should be free.

12. TheHesitantAlien

Personally, my favourite game I've played that was also released this year is definitely Five Nights at Freddy's 2, but games I've watched Let's Plays of was Outlast (Yeah, I've been getting into horror games a lot! XD). However, my favourite game I've bought/played this year that was released a while ago would have to be...drumroll...Saints Row IV - It's. Just. So. Good. End of.

---------- Post added 6th Dec 2014 at 12:25 PM ----------

Never played Xenoblade, but ΩRαS are great games! :thumbsup:

13. shinji

shinji Guest

I base my opinion on what is good and what is not, solely on my personal preference, not on some reviews on the internet. Ever since metacritic, i've trained myself to simply not care, what a review says about a game.

14. Serendipity13

Ohh It's a toss up between Assassins Creed Rogue, Dragon Age Inquisition, and Shadows of Mordor.

15. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Ask me next year. I've been pretty negligent with my gaming habits (among other things...) but that's about to change soon.

16. Hatsune Miku

that came out: Super Smash Bros. Smash 4
    that I played: Fire Emblem Awakening

17. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

It's also not highly rated by the public. But hey if you like something, I suppose it's good for 'you'.

But then stating 'everything else sucked a lot' sounds plain stupid - you should of added everything else sucked for you 'personally' because to be fair there have been plenty of amazing games this year and plenty that well and truly blew the recent Thief out of the water.

They had the opportunity to bring back a great idea that was held in high regard by gamers and decided to screw it up. Go them....

18. Goat Simulator 2014

Such compelling story telling and realism

19. shinji

shinji Guest

The title of the thread suggests that all posts made here are in a way an expression of one's personal opinion on the matter. Should the title have been "What do you think are the top games of 2014", then it would have been an entirely different matter.

I'm not saying Thief was flawless, i'm just saying that for me personally, i enjoyed it, more than the other games i've played this year. And this is my personal opinion, not influenced by what other people/reviewers think of the game.

I understand that you don't agree with me, but that doesn't give you the right to invalidate my opinion, just because it doesn't conform to what you believe to be, the natural response one should have for the game in question, just because you personally didn't like it.

/thread - Steam released Fable "Anniversary", which technically qualifies as a 2014 game. Disregarding the fact that it was very poorly optimized, the game itself is quite good, even by today's standards. Overall i don't think the year 2014, brought any good games, as compared to previous years.

20. White Knight

Hmm Saints Row 4 was this year?

While it came out late on 2013, I played it on 2014 so I will go with Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition. Icewind Dale unfortunately as boring as it used to be wheter enhanced edition or not.

As I returned Champions Online after 2 years break also on these last months of the year I am occupying myself with it.