1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 Horrifying Implications of the Most Popular RPG Universes

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by twospiritlycan, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Jek

Jek

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hah, thanks for posting that. I sometimes pause after, you know, decimating some town in an RPG (they'll have deserved it, be assured) and think momentarily about what my actions really would say about me if I thought them through. But only momentarily, then back to the killing!

I guess the "chosen one" trope, as overused as it is, is actually more plausibly realistic. If we could all level up to 100 and become walking gods a'la Skyrim and such, I don't think there would be towns left to visit.

2. Ryu

Ryu

So in short, become an evil demigod with some braclets and spangly swords, beat up innocent kids, make sure you are level 9001 and the game is impossible for anybody else other than the character, then the game is a breeze.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The article focuses on RPGs that make tons of breaks from reality. None of the features it mentions are really great points and some are on the way out of all games but JRPGs for the most part.

I would totally live in Skyrim even as a peasant. More chance of upward mobility there than in present-day USA :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: