1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Pokémon team!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ryu, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Ryu

Ryu

Well... As you probably know I, as well as many others here, play pokémon. So, I have created this thread to share
    1. The team you're using at the moment
    2. The team you use competitively/semi competitively (if you have one)
    3. Your dream team of your faviroutes.

At the moment, my team in copy of omega ruby is:
    Misa Misa, swellow, female, lv 50
    Metagross (distribution), lv 50
    Ryu II, Sceptile, male, lv 50 He's the seconed because I have a Sceptile called Ryu on my team
    Glalie, male (transfered from demo), lv50
    Hm Servant, seaking, lv 36 I've never used him in battle, just for surf, waterfall when I get the badge needed and dive when I get it
    Ryuzaki, kirlia, male, lv 48 I really need a dawnstone...
    Earlier today I was on a wonder trade spree and got a mudkip, a bronzor, a golett and a gible, which I am breeding with a swablu to get a potentially shiny (japenese gible) gible to EV train if I can be bothered, it'll replace my hm servant when battling. On mega's, everything on me team that can mega, does mega evolve, nothing consistent though and they always have mega stones on them. When I get a Cyndaquil in the post game that's going on my team, typhlosion was my first starter and love them to hell and back, don't know what it'll replace. I might switch it up a bit with the stuff I have at the moment and the aforementioned bronzor, golett and mudkip when they're bred and trained.

I'm not playing competitively... Yet. I'm only about half way through the game.

My dream team would be...
    Typhlosion!!!!!ninetales. I came to love them when I was messing around in SS over the summer holidays. I called it naruto...
    Sceptile has to be there...
    Snorlax
    Gallade
    Toxicroak
    Gyarados

All of these are from when I was messing around soul silver an when I played it originally, or when I played sapphire, which I still haven't finished... Been busy with omega ruby..

2. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

Currently I use a lvl 60 lucario, a lvl 65 shiny metagross, a lvl 58 sceptile, a lvl 56 zoroark, a lvl 80 blazikan, and a lvl 70 greninja

3. Raceme

The only two Pokemon I use on my OR team are Yindao, my level 37 Sceptile, and Lithette, my level 34 Gardevoir.

My dream team:
    A shiny Espurr (which I will not evolve for reasons)
    Banette
    Ninetales (also shiny because yes)
    Jolteon
    Froslass
    Dragalge (shiny)

From this, I ask: Can you tell that I'm into psychic/ghost and am an avid shiny hunter? xD

4. Candace

Jolteon, Houndoom, Gengar, Milotic, Alakazam, Typhlosion :sunglasses:

5. Psyc101

Psyc101 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently just transferred from team from Y over to Alpha Sapphire - initially I wanted to make a new team but I just love my current team way too much: Gardevoir (lvl 92), Charizard (lvl 93), Durant (lvl 56), Haxorus (lvl 60), Conkeldurr-hurr (lvl 62), and Greninja (lvl 85).

If I were to make any adjustments I would consider dropping Conkeldurr simply because he doesn't have a wide movepool/type coverage - BUT I <3 Mach Punch.

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

What game? I play many different Pokemon games. Ah well, I'll tell you my teams on a few of them.

(also keep in mind I use Gameshark codes to "hack" my games, so I can have any team I want, including glitch Pokemon. Also I only know the Japanese names..)

Pokemon Blue team:

All glitch Pokemon now (all lv.100)

But I beat the game with:

Nidoking
    Lizardon
    Missingno
    Kyūkon
    Lapras
    Iwāku

All lv.100

Pokemon Crystal team:
    Two ????? (Missingno, one gold one silver, both lv.100) and Chikorita (lv.5) who I can't deposit in the PC for some reason.

Pokemon Yellow team (still in the works)

Arbok
    Hakuryu
    Gallop
    Showers

All lv.100

Ruby team (no codes):
    Eamūdo (lv.35)
    Rozelia (lv.37)
    Groudon (lv.47)
    Massuguma (lv.40)
    Sarnite (lv.39)
    Bashāmo (lv.36)

Leaf Green team (no codes):
    Freezer (lv.52)
    Lizardon (lv.75)
    Fire (lv.51)
    Thunder (lv.54)
    Hakuryu (lv.33)

^pretty badass team for not using codes. Though not very strong. Should get that team on Pokemon Green.

#6 NingyoBroken, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Current Black team is a Volcarona (61), a Sawk (62), Samurott (61), Krokorok (62), Leavanny (62), and Zebstrika (60).

Dream team is close to my black team. I might replace my Zebstrika with a Jolteon. Need a speedster who's not nearly so fragile.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The last Poke'mon game I played was Poke'mon Black. However, I have since played X-Y on online battle simulators, so I know a bit about the newer Generation. I just haven't actually played X/Y or Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

That said, I'll list my Poke'mon Black team:

Forretress - Sturdy (Ability)/Custap Berry (Held Item)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    - Explosion

Basically, turn one set up Stealth Rock, which does damage to opposing Poke'mon each and every time they enter the field. Sturdy activates, and with Custap Berry, Forretress will go first, allowing me to either throw down one layer of Toxic Spikes (to poison any entering enemies) or devastate them with Explosion. Gyro Ball is there, to do a lot of damage, to faster Poke'mon.

Forretress's goal isn't to live, it's to do what it can, as quickly as possible.

Infernape - Iron Fist (Ability)/Life Orb (Held Item)
    - Fake Out
    - Overheat
    - Grass Knot
    - Close Combat

Basically, Fake Out on turn one to cause the opponent to flinch, which will have the secondary benefit of negating any Sash-related Held Items, as well as getting in some okay damage. Follow up with either Overheat or Close Combat, which will heavily dent most Types. Grass Knot is there to knock bulky Water/Ground/Rock-types out of the way that, normally, could wall Infernape.

Infernape's goal isn't to live too long, it's to rip holes into an opposing team, before fainting.

Gliscor - Poison Heal (Ability)/Toxic Orb (Held Item)
    - Protect
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Substitute

Basically, Protect on turn one, which will activate Toxic Orb, poisoning Gliscor. Poison Heal, as the name implies, heals the affected Poke'mon each turn; this makes Gliscor immune to status ailments since it is already poisoned. Get behind a Substitute, then Protect, and repeat until your health is recovered. Hit the opposing Poke'mon with Earthquake or Rock Slide, which grants respectable coverage.

Gliscor's role is to, surprisingly, actually stay alive. It is intended to stall out an opposing Poke'mon of their moves, or to regain momentum.

Garchomp - Rough Skin (Ability)/Life Orb (Held Item)
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Rock Slide
    - Fire Blast

Basically, fuck shit up. What Infernape can't break, Garchomp is designed to see through. Earthquake and Rock Slide provide respectable coverage, while Dragon Claw is a decent move. Fire Blast seems odd, but it's there to smack problematic Poke'mon aside, like Scizor, who is a very popular problem.

Garchomp's role is to do damage quickly. Nothing more, nothing less.

Scizor - Technician (Ability)/Iron Plate (Held Item)
    - Swords Dance
    - U-Turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Roost

Basically, come in, get a Swords Dance to double your Attack, then Bullet Punch (a priority move, mind you) all day, every day, to victory. U-Turn is there to switch, while doing some decent damage, while Roost is to recover health.

Scizor's role is to clean up, basically. If it can survive a turn to Swords Dance, an Iron Plate-backed, Technician-boosted Bullet Punch is deadly.

Tyranitar - Sandstream (Ability)/Chople Berry (Held Item)
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Low Kick
    - Fire Blast

Basically, make stuff die. Earthquake and Stone Edge are just good coverage, while Low Kick allows Tyranitar to hurt what those two can't. Finally, Fire Blast is there to rip through problematic Poke'mon, like Scizor. Oh, and did I mention, with Tyranitar's Ability Sandstream, it generates a damage-inducing sandstorm to non-Ground/Rock/Steel-type Poke'mon, which also boosts Tyranitar's Special Defense? Yeah, fuckin' awesome.

Tyranitar's role is to... well, be scary. Chople Berry allows it to take a Fighting-type move, without having to worry about dying, since Tyranitar is 4x weak to Fighting-type moves. With raw power, it can typically muscle it's way through the opponent.

#8 Kaiser, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  9. Hiems

Omfg yes, I love this thread! I'm playing Alpha Sapphire at the moment!

The team you're using at the moment
    Cinccino - Jolly Nature, Outstanding IV, 31 IV in Attack and Speed
    Ability: Skill Link
    Tail Slap, Rock Blast, Bullet Seed, Protect

Gallade - Jolly Nature, Outstanding IV, 31 IV in HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Def, and Speed
    Ability: Justified/Inner Focus (when Mega Evolved)
    Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Close Combat, Earthquake

Clawitzer - Modest Nature, Decent IV, 31 IV in HP
    Ability: Mega Launcher
    Ice Beam, Water Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse

Volcarona - Bold Nature, Outstanding IV, 31 IV in HP, Defense, Sp. Atk, and Speed
    Ability: Flame Body
    Fiery Dance, Quiver Dance, Big Buzz, Psychic

Gardevoir - Bashful Nature, Not IV Bred
    Ability: Synchronize/Pixilate (when Mega Evolved)
    Psychic, Moonblast, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball

Dream team is Gallade, Cinccino, Luxray, Volcarona, Clawitzer, and Togekiss. This is subject to change though, haha.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Dear Lord, we're bringing in the IVs and EVs?

That totally changes everything, LOL!

11. riptide226

my best team with no codes was
    LVL 100 Kyogre
    LVL 100 Rayquaza
    LVL 100 Groudon
    LVL 100 Blaziken
    LVL 100 Swampert
    LVL 100 Sceptile
    I beat the elite four without losing a single health point

12. Kabuki

Right now, on my Alpha Sapphire version, I'm only using an in-game team.

The team is:

Sceptile
    Metang
    Swablu
    Linnone (slave)
    Mightyena
    Masquerain (shiny)

13. Ryu

Ryu

I now feel strangely obliged to ev and iv train all my pokemon and make a super competitive team . It sucks becasue I spent almost all of my spare ime yesterday breeding for friends. At least. I got a charmander, a froakie and a mudkip out of it. Tomorrow me and mah freinds are gonna trade more so we both have all the johto starters.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I like to play competitively, but there is a point where it just becomes not-so-fun anymore. While I have IV/EV-trained Poke'mon, I have less than 20. The rest are either to breed, or only have beneficial Natures. In-game, I don't try to make the game too easy, which is what "perfect" breeding will result in.

I'd much rather use my favorite Poke'mon, than the better designed ones. It isn't very fun when you have to waste one or two slots, on your team, to counter common threats, because that leaves you only four blank slots.

15. Hiems

Yeah, IV breeding can become very tedious and frustrating, especially when the hatched Pokemon is off by a perfect IV stat. I feel like dying on the inside whenever that happens, haha. It's rewarding to get a 31 IV hatched Pokemon though.

I must admit that the only reason I got perfect IVs on Gallade was because I caught a Ralts that had five perfect IVs and bred it. That was by pure luck, haha.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Chimchar was my first perfect IV/EV Poke'mon. Now, as an Infernape, it's heavily Speed-base trained, with a mix between Physical and Special Attack.

I really hope Infernape receives a Mega Evolution, because I'm afraid he's going to get outclassed otherwise. Design-wise, he still looks bad ass.

If the trend continues, next game, the Sinnoh Starters (Chimchar, Piplup, Turtwig) should receive Mega-Evolutions. If not them, then the Johto Starters (Cyndaquil, Totodile, Chikorita).

17. Quiet Raven

My favorite team is the team I trained in Ruby. On the GBA. My first pokemon game, lol.

Sceptile
    Minun
    Aggron
    Peliper
    Latios
    Groudon

I didn't ev train or anything like that. Just tried to make a decent, balanced team. I thought it turned out pretty good. Minun and Peliper are my weakest links, but I kept them because I like them.

18. Ryu

Ryu

I know IV breeing is tedious... Damn you internet, I was up until half two last night trying to get a perfect IV froakie... 4 hours of sleep is no where near enough... And now I have a box and a half of froakies... I have no idea what to do with them...

19. DinelodiiGitli

Soul Silver (I hacked the heavens out of it after I finished the first play through)-
    Arceus (Named Coconut, because why the hell not? Shiny and holding a draco plate.) Lv. 80
    Umbreon (Named Nightmare. So very shiny) Lv. 98
    Gyarados Lv. 94
    Giratina Lv. 62
    アルセウス Lv. 100
    Mightyena (Named sPiRiT, also shiny) Lv. 98

Pokemon Black-
    Palkia Lv. 99
    Ho-Oh (Named Prism) Lv. 71
    Absol Lv. 58
    Empoleon Lv. 100 (the moment I get Pokemon bank on my 3DS she is getting put on X, had her since Pokemon Pearl)
    Samurott (Named Osha, because I'm so creative) Lv. 71
    Reshiram Lv. 56

Pokemon X-
    Houndoom Lv. 37
    Lucario Lv. 49
    Charizard Lv. 52
    Greninja Lv. 47
    Pikachu Lv. 47
    Lunatone Lv. 44

20. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I could never get into IV breeding. I remember reading about it on Serebii and Smogon and I was like "oh fuck, it's math. Keep math out of my video games!"

I mean, I'm not a tournament player or anything. I suppose I'd be into it more if I actually battled against people, which I never really have since I was a kid.