1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Star Wars: KotOR II" crashing

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SwimScotty, Dec 25, 2014.

1. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone,
    So for Christmas, my brother bought me Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II for PC. I tried to install it on my old laptop (2gb RAM, Windows Vista) and it crashed three times during the installation. I restarted it from the beginning each time and it just crashed again. So I tried installing it on another laptop that has Windows XP and 1gb RAM and it installed fine, but it crashed once I tried to play it. I tried it two more times and it crashed every time. I'm pretty sure that both computers met the minimum operating requirements, so the fact that it's crashed six times on two different machines leads me to believe that the game itself is defective.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with the game before? If so, what did you have to do to resolve them? I'm really not sure what's going on since almost all of the other games I have worked fine.

2. White Knight

Is there any messages?
    Did you try to run on admistrator mode?
    Compility mode?
    Did you check your DVD for scratches?

These are the things that come to my mind at the moment.

3. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There was an error message when it crashed during installation, but I can't remember what it said. The gist of it was that an unexpected error had occurred which required setup to terminate. When it crashed after launching, it just said that there was an error and asked if I wanted to send the error reoprt.
    I am the admin for the laptop on which I was trying to install it, so there shouldn't have been any permissions issues there. Neither of them gave me the option to run compatibility mode.

4. White Knight

Yeah, sorry XP should handle the game okay.

Probably you should take note of that message and check it online. If you let us know the message maybe someone more techy than me can identify it as well.

Some games need to run as administor on Win 8.1 don't know why, this is why I asked.

5. sheepishgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, sorry if I should've figured this out, but is it a physical copy or a steam version?

6. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is the physical copy. It comes on four discs, all of which are required for installation. When it crashed during install, it was at a different point on a different disc each time, so I don't think the problem is scratched discs.

I'm going to try it on my mom's laptop, which runs Windows 7, and see if that works any better. I would run it on my new one, but it doesn't have a disc drive, which is why I have to use the old computers. I will write down the error message if I get it again.