1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Dating Apps

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by thevenerable, Jan 4, 2015.

1. thevenerable

Southeast Asia - yeah it's not just South and East
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Because of my friends talking about their experiences with dating apps, I decided to try it myself. I downloaded an app and signed up for an account. Since I'm new to this kind of thing, I really don't know what to expect.

As I explored the interface of the app, I discovered somethings that are quite disturbing. The app claims that it regulates the photos uploaded by the users but I keep on seeing these crotch photos and guys on their underwear. :eusa_doh:

There are also these guys who are sending me message asking if I am sexually active. No "hi", no "hello", just "Are you sexually active?". As I have said, I'm new to this "dating" app thing so I don't know how to respond.

Should I continue to use this or uninstall this app? What are the pros and cons of using this? :eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh: I'm totally confused!!

2. mangotree

If you don't like it and don't trust it, don't use it.

Those opening lines are pretty common on most "dating" apps unfortunately.
    If that's not what you're looking for, try a different one or even better - find a non-online way of meeting people.