1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High quality camera phone

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by XenaxGabby, Jan 4, 2015.

1. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I would like to make videos with my phone but my camera is crap. I have an iPhone 5s. My contract isn't up for another year but I was wondering, which phone has a great camera? I do have other concerns though. Easy to use interface and navigation, customize your settings (making the font on text messages larger), and sleek design.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't have much to add but maybe someone else has...
    you might think about bags/covers for electrosensitive people which keep part of the radiation away...

(*hug*)

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have the Samsung galaxy 4 and it has a nice camera on it. I take most of my photos and videos on it now. I don't know how good of a camera the 5 has though, so that might warrant some research.

4. darlig ulv

Among most phone cameras, I see the best results out of iPhones. Everyone complains about the low megapixel count which a) doesn't affect video (which is 1080p on almost any device) and b) results in lower noise. The colors are also much more vibrant and accurate than on most others. Still, phone cameras aren't that great. I don't know what your situation is, but consider investing in a cheap camcorder or DSLR. They're dirt cheap if you buy them used and you'll have a bit more control over your video.

5. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The camera on the iPhone 5s is good enough for most purposes, if you need something distinguishably better, it would be advisable to consider getting a dedicated camera. The only possible alternative solution that does not involve you spending too much money on a new phone just because of the camera is getting a Sony QX-10.

6. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I am considering making a YouTube channel within the next year and I want a good camera because I look horrible on my iPhone camera.

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like my 5S. It's quite good. I agree that you should get a DSLR if you're serious about photography even the best cameraphone is hindered by the size of the detector. That's why larger cameras are still used by professional photographers.

8. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Not photography. Videos on Youtube:slight_smile: Maybe...

9. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Using a cell phone to record videos you will always be limited by the size of the sensor (as stated by resu). The only possible choice if you do not consider my suggestion, would be to invest in a Lumia 1020/1520 or any cell phone capable of recording 4k video. Alternatively you could invest in a dedicated video camera/DSLR/recorder, because at this price range it is a more logical choice. Ask yourself how much you are willing to invest in this and if you are expecting a return of profits. Do you want to produce quality videos or to simply record daily video logs of your life? If it is the latter, then the iPhone 5s is more than enough if used correctly.

10. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the Samsung S5 and pictures/videos look great. Side to Side with sister 5s the galaxy may a bit better quality, but it's about the same. I hear the Note 4 camera which probably will be in S6 has fantastic quality.

11. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  12. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Yup Note 4 is amazing :slight_smile: