1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop Windows 8 (Dell) Question

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by willycubed28, Jan 5, 2015.

1. willycubed28

So, I have a Windows 8 Dell Laptop. It has where you can put a disc in, but it will not play my DVDS. This is bewildering me, because my old laptop would play my dvds just fine. Do I need to do something, or download something to where it will play my DVDS.

2. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Listing the exact model of the notebook in question would help. Windows uses a feature called autoplay, which usually does not come preconfigured. Are you referring to the discs not starting to play automatically or are you having trouble with reading the discs themselves?

3. Gallatin

Maybe you have to download a DVD player app? I only say this because this was the deal with my Xbox One, which uses an OS very much in the style of Windows 8. Even though the system has a Blu-Ray player, I couldn't use it until I downloaded the official player app. I don't know why that wasn't just a preloaded app, but whatever.

4. willycubed28

They are not reading the discs themselves. How would I find out the exact model?

5. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

6. willycubed28

Thank you so much for posting that. I downloaded it and it worked!!(*hug*)

7. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

No problem :wink: