1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody play Titanfall for PC?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lazuri, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Lazuri

Kind of a long shot since Titanfall for some reason has a poor reputation and most who play it are on Xbox One.

But it's lonely playing by yourself and I've been playing it a lot lately, so I'm asking.

2. White Knight

I got struck by it's "poor reputation". Some of my gaming buddies wasn't that thrilled with it and me being not so much sci-fi guy I passed it.

3. Lazuri

You should give it a shot. In general I hate FPS games like CoD but Titanfall is just bundles of fun.

Its reputation is weird because people who haven't played it shun it because "it's just CoD with mechs" and people who play it are in many cases CoD players who fail at it because thay play it like CoD, then they say it's a crappy game.

You can easily tell who's a CoD player and who isn't when you play it. Dude standing in window? CoD player. Dude hanging out in a corner? CoD player. Dude hanging out on ground level being trampled by titans? CoD player. Dude who actually moves around across the battlefield using parkour? Now you're looking at people who play it like it was meant to.

I don't know if the promotion is still going, but I first played it using Origin's game time. Basically they let you install it and play it for 48 hours after you first start it. If they still have that, then absolutely try it out.

4. White Knight

Ah I keep forgetting that game is FPS. I remember Origin promo as well.

'till you see me on a FPS game you ain't see a terrible player yet. Luckily Mass Effect series (only FPS game I can play) have tech or biotic powers otherwise I was another lost cause...

This is why I had to wait so long to get into the series.

5. Lazuri

Technically, Mass Effect is a TPS.

Titanfall has a crutch for learning players, though. It's called the Smart Pistol and it will literally aim for you. It automatically aqcuires targets if you aim in their general direction and you need one lock-on to kill an AI grunt, two to kill an AI spectre and three to kill a player. It takes about 2.5 seconds to make three locks so if you can keep an enemy player in sight for that time you get a kill. That's slightly longer than you would've been able to kill him with a normal rifle.

Then one you learn how to do stuff you switch to another weapon. Or you stay with the Smart Pistol as it does allow a player to put a large emphasis on movement and parkour.

6. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nothing is more satisfying than getting kills while wall running. Most of the time they never know where it came from. The second more satisfying thing in the game is executing pilots when they are camping.

7. Lazuri

Yupp.

Getting kills while utilizing movement is why I used the Smart Pistol and then later switched to the C.A.R. with counterweight.

The best camper execution I ever got was when I played with one of my friends. He was complaining about some sniper taking shots at him and when he tried to snipe back he saw the camper get his neck snapped by me in the scope.

Though if you were to ask me, the most satisfying thing in TF is to rodeo a titan, forcing the pilot to exit before killing him and destroying his titan. Because fuck you.

8. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The biggest f u is a nuclear ejection at the enemies escape ship. Talk about a multi kill.

9. Lazuri

Yeah, a lot of people seem unaware that you can manually trigger ejections without your titan being doomed first. It can be really good with nuclear, especially in frontier defense.