1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server issues...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CyberStar, Jan 13, 2015.

1. CyberStar

Is there anybody here that has a Dell PowerEdge 2650? I have one, and I can NOT make it boot. It absolutely refuses every CD, DVD, and USB. It has a floppy drive, but I don't have a disk for it, and the only other option i see is network boot (which I suppose I could do if I needed because I have a decent laptop with Windows Server 2012 R2, although I have no idea where to begin...) (I have the software through DreamSpark: great way for free stuff :slight_smile: )

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at the bios options... there might be a need to activate two options... like enable floppy drive... and enable boot from...

3. CyberStar

Well, it ried the bios, and everything is enabled. I tried switching the drives between RSID and SCSI, but there was no difference. I even swapped out the disk drive just to check, and nothing happened.

Its a rack mount server with two Xeon processors, six GB of RAM, and five hard drives. It works just fine, except for the problem of never booting off anything I put in it.

4. banana1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    reset the bios
    and then check the raid controller manual :wink: