1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kotor Mods

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, Jan 15, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

I got KOTOR 2 for PC on my birthday, and I'm not sure how mods work on this game. Does anyone know how to properly install them, and also, where can I get the Restored Content Mod?

2. Alisa Arwen

Hi

Not all mods are installed in the same way.

Some are just a case of placing the files in the appropriate folder.

I would check each mod to see if there is a readme to explain the process.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My KotOR 2 mods usually go in a folder called "Override." The one I'd recommend most is the "Restored Content Mod" which makes the second game a whole lot more complete. :slight_smile:

4. ZenMusic

Where can I get this?

5. borgishmorg

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There should be a guide somewhere online, I don't recall where as I haven't done mods on Kotor 1 or 2 in quite some time. Good game though, played through several times, and yes I concur that the restored content mod is worth the time.

6. ZenMusic

I seem to have encountered another problem. On my Windows 8 Laptop, I can't skip movies otherwise it will crash. Completing this, I complete the character creation screen, create my character, and after getting past the scene where the Ebon Hawk slumbers into Peragus II and it crashes. I ran a hardware scan in the KOTOR 2 configuration and everything was A Ok....except my video card. It had warning (yellow) next to it and what I find strange is that it played everything up to me actually playing the game. What can I do about this?

7. White Knight

Too bad they still didn't make GoG version of this game. Unluckily old games usually face problems on new OS or graphic cards in some cases.

Are you running it as administrator and on compility with whatever it needs to be run? Did you check online for problem? Did you updated game with all possible patches?

Obsidian known for their sluggy graphic works... similar thing was issue with NWN 2... thankfully I can finally play the game with GoG version... otherwise it was nearly unplayable with orginial versions.

For Mods try nexus. Mods usually come with "how to install" instructions form modders. Unless it is stated otherwise most Bioware games (Obsidian follows their M.O. closely) all mods goes to "Override" folder in Documents/<game name or company/game name>.

List of the games that have mods in Nexusmods

Edit: Just remember there was an old game... unfortunately can't remember which one was needed codecs to run its videos hence the game properly. You might want to check it out as well.

#7 White Knight, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015