1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just logged into GuildWars2, to find a hate preacher.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RedSwiss, Jan 18, 2015.

1. RedSwiss

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know there were rumors of hate preachers and terrorists in online games like World of Warcraft and Runescape, but this is ridiculous. I just log into GuildWars2, and theres a muslim preacher in the middle of Lion's Arch City, talking about how we're all going to be enslaved.

I would post chat logs in the thread, but I don't want my Imgur and Photobucket accounts to get deleted for posting chat logs that contain hate-speech on their website, so ive taken the liberty of attaching it instead. This is just 1 page of what the guy was saying, but he was going on, and on.

I reported him and moved on, but somebody confronted the guy, saying what kind of medieval world he comes from, and the preacher said he was from Sweden, which freaked me out even more, because it just shows these people are living among us.

Weather or not this guy is a troll (I don't think he is, considering his character name was a generic islam/arabic name.), its shocking to see it in an online game.

Attached Files:

#1 RedSwiss, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, if he isn't from a first world country, he is not "living among us"? Right.

Well, i've seen stupid people in lots of games. You did the right thing reporting him and moving on. If the report function doesn't work together with the ignore function of the game, ignore him too. It is useless to confront idiots like this, like the guy you said did, specially in online games. He won't learn anything there.

Old rule of the internet: Don't feed the trolls.

3. Lazuri

We have a LOT of middle eastern immigrants here in Sweden and it's only expected that some bad eggs get here too. Generally these online hate preachers are teens who are strongly misguided. However, they believe strongly in the anonymity of the internet and would never dare to say any of this bullshit IRL.

They're generally low risk cowardly loudmouths not worthy of any concern. Just report him so his account gets banned for his stupidity and move on.