1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video games with you would like to have a multiplayer/co op...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Straight ally, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    There is a game i wish had a multiplayer, and that game is the game 'Bastion ' it is what motivated me to create this thread.

You would got different modes including being thrown into a map along other players to fight each other. To balance things out there would be also a few monsters spawning at random, this helps forcing you to make a tought decision : with two weapons should i use to fight against other players without being aniquilated by monsters. Tis is important cause if there where only players, some weapons would be overpowered while others would be bad for gighting other players, but by adding monsters , some of the weapons that are bad for players are goood for monsters.

I believe this could become one of the most epic multiplayer arena if it was done smartly.

2. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Fallout series. Nuff said on that.
    Mirror's Edge A parkuor fighting multiplayer... in first person. That would be bad ass.
    Way of the Samurai series. That would be harder to do... but it could be done.

3. Jellal

Always wished that Pikmin 2 had multiplayer for the story mode. Honestly tempted to mod it myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Lazuri

Skyrim. I know there's Elder Scrolls Online, but it kinda sucks.

Also, State of Decay would've been the best co-op title ever, but they abandoned the co-op mode because it was too much work.

---------- Post added 23rd Jan 2015 at 06:37 AM ----------

Skyrim. I know there's Elder Scrolls Online, but it kinda sucks.

Also, State of Decay would've been the best co-op title ever, but they abandoned the co-op mode because it was too much work.

5. White Knight

Nearly all games I play have a co-op or online option... other than sims but I guess you can call second life or similar games as Sims MMO.

6. Pumpkin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    cooking mama o,o

7. Aro

Aro

Someone already said Skryim, but I'll go ahead and say the other huge one that I wish you could play with someone- Pokemon! And not just the battling and all of that. What if your rival could be another player character? You could go from town to town catching and battling and helping one another. Secret bases and all sorts of other things could be more complex- maybe you get a home together and get to decorate it. Have your own rooms. There are a lot of possibilities with Pokemon co-op. c: And why stop there? The Mystery Dungeon series would be a blast with multiplayer too. Instead of rescues, have harder dungeons where two people need to go to win. All that sort of stuff!

There's definitely more games that I have that wish for, but I can't think of them at present. Previously, it would have been Dragon Age, but they added a really great mode for that in Inquisition! So I'm happy!

8. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Add to this:
    Mass Effect series.
    Dragon Age series.
    Assasin's Creed.
    Strictly story co-op though.

---------- Post added 23rd Jan 2015 at 01:05 PM ----------

?!? :confused:

9. Lazuri

Yeah, there's multiplayer in Inquisition, didn't you know? Mass Effect 3 too, but none of them are story co-op and more of an addendum. The Mass Effect 3 MP is actually really good if you ask me and Inquisition is.... Alright, I suppose.

10. White Knight

Yeah ME OP is fun.

Still resisting to submit to DA:I so don't have any idea about it.

11. Lazuri

Just curious, why no Inquisition?

12. Aro

Aro

Late to the game, but yes, they added it. c: It would have been nice if there was a whole story thing going on with it, but I play with friends all the time and it's a blast. I'm a super Dragon Age nerd though. If you don't agree that it's great, that's okay. Can't be for everyone.

Keeping things to topic, though, another game I'd love to see have multiplayer is BioShock. I know it was planned for a short time, but never really made it there. It's another one of my favorite series. Specifically Infinite opened up an interesting thought. If one could play as Booker and Elizabeth together and work together in that regard. I happen to love playing support characters in certain game. :grin:

13. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    State Of Decay would have been a great one. I totally forgot about that.

14. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Skyrim and The Evil Within (just Coop for TEW).

15. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Yea, that's what I thought. I knew about ME multiplayer and haven't tried Inquisition's version, expecting it to be the same.
    I would really love a story co-op mode for both series.

16. Lazuri

I'm a Dragon Age nerd too, but I felt that the MP was poorly implemented. It's way too repetetive and it's way too gear oriented. In ME3 gear allowed you to tweak or build new builds for characters, but in Inquisition gear just gives you higher numbers so you can play higher difficulties so that you get gear with higher numbers and so on. I'm hoping they'll keep working on it like they did with ME3 and that it gets better in the end.

But the worst thing by far is the character dialogue. It's repeated ad naseum and sounds like it was written and recorded by the janitor crew. It took half a match before I started saying "oh my god, shut the fuck up" every time a character opened their mouths.

And it pisses me off because it was planned for a really long time. The devs kept teasing it for two months and basically said they'd add it for sure, then they suddenly said "turns out co-op mode would mean redoing most of the game's code. Sorry guys, no co-op." Me and my friends hyped for months.

17. White Knight

DA 2

I don't know if I made it clear enough... my "love" for DA 2 I mean... however it is still better than Awakening and anime. :confused:

18. Aro

Aro

You definitely have a point, I just like working through lengths of time for gear and whatnot. I've always liked that style of grinding, even though it's not exactly innovative. I also don't know about the sounds since I usually like to have some music on and such when I play with a friend. XD So I have it turned off. That is definitely a legitimate complaint though. Hopefully that is something they patch. I know that they plan on continuing to work on it though, so I will be interested to see what they do with it next.

Another huge one I would LOVE multiplayer on is The Sims! THE SIMS. How could I have forgotten my mighty need? I have the console versions where you can do that, and it was awesome for it's day. I don't know if they still have it since Sims 2 was the last one I had for console and that was quite some time ago. But who wouldn't want to play with a friend Online these days? I was REALLY hoping that they would implement it in Sims 4, but alas. Disappointment again.

19. Lazuri

Yeah, but Inquisition isn't DA2. It's really a lot better, though most people say it still doesn't beat Origins.

It's really not DA2 and you'd probably be fine. Unless what you thought was bad with DA2 was that the combat in DA2 was more action in which case you should stay away.

What exactly did you dislike about DA2? I know there's plenty, but still.

20. Zombi3