1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A game like Sword Art Online

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pumpkin, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Pumpkin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there ever was a game developed like SAO but not the killing factor.
    Do you think it would disconnect people more
    Or expand the human psyche in ways the anime has opened up
    in terms of creating new connection to people
    i mean Oculus rift is a nice step towards it and maybe that type of tech might be out of reach to us anytime soon

but it makes you wonder : )

2. Aro

Aro

I was just going to mention the Oculus Rift and how they could make an MMO that utilizes that! I think it would be very interesting. Very fun. I don't think it would disconnect people any more than the Internet already has. I like the idea of having someone right in front of you in a virtual reality sense.

Actually, I think it would do a better job of connecting people since through text and random emotes, you can't really tell what the other person is truly feeling. If it read your expression, however, and you could simply speak, I think it would give a better interaction. While still maintaining the anonymity that makes people feel safer through the Internet.

While this Anime was not my favorite, I did watch it all the way through and I appreciated the innovation it was portraying. I think that's what I liked about it the most.

3. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember Markiplier from Youtube playing Oculus Rift with a VR headset. That sounded cool.

I just wish there was an MMO like .hack. The Japanese had a PS2 MMO for it, called .hack//fragment.... but they shut down the servers after like 6 or 9 months because it wasn't popular. And they never released the game in the US even though all of the other games in the series sold really well here. But I would have loved to see it.

4. Aro

Aro

I loved .hack. Of course, I knew it would be compared to Sword Art as soon as it came out. I'm personally more of a fan of .hack, but it was also a brand new concept when it came out. It think Sword Art explored the idea a little more in-depth MMO-wise, but I liked the story and characters better in the other series. Anyways!

The Oculus Rift is extremely cool. Just watching some of the demos from everywhere makes me happy to know where technology is going. I think it still needs some work, but it's still in development so I am sure that there will be even more improvements ahead. I may find myself purchasing one in the future. Especially if they come out with something multiplayer. I think we're a long way off from getting something like Sword Art, though, obviously.

5. Anotheruser

I wish the company would have given .hack//fragment a us release so we could play it but oh well

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only problem would be the complete motionlessness of being in full-dive VR. I wouldn't like the muscle atrophy of playing hours a day, other than that I'd pretty much want to live in it.

7. Anotheruser

I wouldn't care about muscular atrophy. I would just have fun living in the game man.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the case that the game goes down, then you'd be S.O.L. if you had to do physical tasks. But I guess it's more important to me, as my current job involves lots of medium/heavy lifting.