1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your proudest moment in gaming.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lazuri, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Lazuri

Tell me about a moment when playing a video game where you did something you were exceptionally proud over.

Personally I have two.

One was in Brutal Legend multiplayer. I was playing against a friend who is just... Way too good at strategy games and I felt like I had no chance against him and I pretty much didn't. I won the first battle and got confident only to be absolutely demolished in the next one. After that we had some minor skirmishing while we we're both arming up. I was playing as the Tainted Coil so I eventually got access to the Bleeding Death unit--it's the most powerful unit in the game and can be inserted anywhere on the battlefied--and I had to use it against my friend to prevent failing right then and there. He took down my bleeding death and advanced on my base and I could barely hold him off, but while I did I built another Bleeding Death, flew over to his base and dropped it there. It took him 30 seconds to notice that it was tearing his base to pieces and he never did get back in time. That was the only time I ever beat him in a strategy game.

The other time was in The Last of Us multiplayer. It was a very even game and I was the last man standing on our team while they had four more guys. I used listen mode and noticed they were approaching from three different directions and as I watched them approach, everything just slowed down and it's like I went into a trance. I pulled out my molotov, turned around and threw it at two guys just rounding a corner a bit further down, turned to face the corner straight behind me and hit the guy rounding that corner with an upgraded melee weapon, then I pulled out my revolver and headshotted another guy rounding a corner further up. It all happened in a span of like three seconds and I still don't know where it came from, but I clutched and won us the game. I was just completely dumbfounded.

2. Romi

That one time. Yeah...I was so proud.

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shadowmourne.

All yeah.

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haven't been big on gaming since the days of N64, should say. Outside of maybe the Diablo and Morrowind franchises.

That said my "proudest" moment was when... let me set the background - had one friend that was extremely good at all fighting games (stuff like Tekken, Soulcaliber, etc.) that I could almost never beat. The one time I did find a game I was better than him at was some PS2 version of Mortal Kombat (I think it was "Armageddon," looking at the list of them). I beat the shit out of him in that one, constantly. He wouldn't let me play it again after that day. :lol:

That or attaining a partyhat set in Runescape - but, I mean, come on, Runescape...I'm almost embarrassed to note that I was engrossed in it at one point in time.

#4 Browncoat, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  5. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This moment was from forever ago, but it was when I discovered a secret in Super Mario World that i'm pretty sure few people knew about. This secret was in the Tubular level of the Special world. Tubular is infamously known for being the hardest level in the entire game, even harder than Bowser's castle. In the level, you have to guide Mario across an endless abyss teeming with a barage of enemies and other obstacles, all using the balloon power-up to float around, which only lasts for a limited amount of time. However, I discovered a shortcut at the top of the stage, just off of the screen. There's some kind of platform just out of vision that you can just run on the entire stage and get the the Goal Point with ease. Cheating? A little bit, but boy was I proud when I finally beat that hellish level.

This one also happened a long time ago as well. Back when Pokemon Diamond and Pearl came out, I was just getting into the series, and a friend even game me my favorite Pokemon, one that you can't get on Diamond and Pearl, Trapinch. I loved that Trapinch to death, and the first thing I did was take it to the Fight Area during the post-game and train it on the high level Pokemon on the nearby route. I stayed up all night on a Friday just to train it to be the strongest it could be. It was the first Pokemon I got to level 100, as a Flygon. Sadly, I still don't have it, but that memory has a lot of sentimental value with me.

I'm sure I have more, they're just not coming to mind! ^-^

6. Yosia

I have several really proud moments in gaming ranging from simply completing a game to almost unreal feats which i have performed. I have more than one so i will list 3:

1. I made a challenge to myself to beat the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 campaign on veteran difficulty, dying less than five times and I did it, dying 4 times.

2. This one isnt a huge achieved as many, many other people had done it, however it was a first time for me, so i felt proud: I used to play Runescape when i was younger, and I had never beaten a boss before, so i decided to get my best gear (which was quite awful) and take on the King Black Dragon, and I killed it~

3. I was playing an MMORPG and this one guild/party/clan were absolutely huge, and I sort of had a crazy-stupid idea to attempt to bring them down a level. So I asked the leader if I could talk to him in a specific area, in which was a player-versus-player area which hardly anyone knew about. I waited for him in this area with a multi-target hammer which was extremely overpowered and extremely expensive. The leader came and because he thought the place of meeting was a safe area, thought it was a very clever idea to bring 4 other high-ranked members, as soon as they entered the area they obviously noticed it was a pvp zone and attempted to flee, however I had already attacked with the hammers special and destroyed 3 of them, including the leader, the 4th managed to escape but I had achieved my goal and the 6th highest ranking guild became the 11th, and I gained a ton of cool new gear. Needless to say i was hated by a large amount of people after, but i am still to this day proud of how I used my mind and thought how to go around getting something I simply wanted :lol:

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not really a big deal, but I was really proud that one time I beat the shadow queen in Paper Mario :grin:

8. Stripe101

Defeating the 16th Colossus. It took me hours...

But I had to... for Agro. FOR AGRO!

[​IMG]

9. GhostNeko

Beating Shadow of the Collosus.
    But of course, only to kill the one I love. Nice. Really. Really. Nice.

10. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It's a toss up between finding the last blast shard in Infamous (fukc that trophy was impractical) and beating the shi-wolf boss in Castlevania Chronicles.

11. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One time on WoW when in 3vs3 arena fight it came down to me and another player and my mana was out on my warlock...i hade to convert hp into mana and then proceeded to crit the shit out of the warrior left. I won and got our team some awesome rating and points.

das what's up (!)

12. Lazuri

Yeah, clutching a match in pretty much any game where you can is one of the most satisfying feelings in the world. You feel unstoppable.

13. SeaSalt

Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars, I got a 76 bayonet kill streak in multilayer as a defender. I even got accused of hacking :lol:

14. SomeLeviathan

so I play Magic The Gathering and Cube draft basically every weekend.

best moment for me was Turn 1 Sol Ring, turn 2 Tinker. Opponent Spell Pierced Tinker, I cast force of Will exiling Ponder with Jace TMS in hand for turn 3. Opponent lost the counter war, I grabbed Sundering Titan, shot his Island. He casts swords to Plowshares on my Titan, I take his plains as it leaves place, then cast Jace TMS and proceed to win the game.

ah broken combo decks...

15. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I got to stage 8 in Galaxian on my last life.

Was the farthest I've gotten since I had it at home

16. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1.) Beating Operation Darkness without letting any character die. So hard.
    2.) Beating Ace Combat 5 on Ace Mode with a flight Stick. (Tough)
    3.) Going 42/2 in Nuketown on Hardcore Team Death in Call of Duty: Black Ops

if I think of anymore of my top proud moments... I will let you know

17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Finishing all the numbered Halo games on Legendary is up there. But my personal proudest is in the things I've built in Kerbal Space Program. When you succeed in building and docking two ships together for the first time, you feel like a fookin' BOSS.

18. Only 15 hp left in Morgana in LoL and was chased by Jinx and Tristana. Seven minions came to my rescue and got to a turret, which stalled them enough for me to get back to my base to regenerate.

19. Jellal

From the same game, my proudest moment in gaming is the first time I defeated Bonetail.

Holy shit, I've never had such a nerve-wracking boss battle. Hours spent getting through the Pit of 100 Trials, so many chaotic battles at the end where nearly everything was lost, and then that boss at the end wearing through all my items, KOing all my weakened party members until it just came down to Mario and Bonetail smashing each other with straight physical moves, but Bonetail dropped first. It was just the difference of one lucky badge dodge that helped me win.

20. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talking down Emerald and Ruby Weapon on Final Fantasy 7. When the game first came out I was too young to do the grinding required to get the "Knights of the Round" and "Mime" materias. I finally downloaded it off PSN last year and beat it. It was one of those achievements that it took like 15 years to get.