1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conventions!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Nekoko, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Soooo this weekend I'm at a gaming convention called MAGfest that's in the DC/Maryland area! I'm a long time staffer (this'll be my fifth year!) And I have actually met several other trans women and men here, especially among the other staffers! Which is pretty cool to me! So I was just wondering if anyone else here likes to go to conventions, and if there are any you'd recommend!

MAGfest is a lot of fun! There are panels from various people as you'd expect, but there is also live music, concerts, a dealers room, a massive free to play arcade, a huge free to play console room, LAN parties, and a lot of people getting hammered! :lol: It's like a 96 hour long party for gamers!

I highly recommend it to people! It's a great time! :grin:

2. Lazuri

I used to go to conventions but eventually when I grew up I realized that 90% of the people that attended the conventions were just large children.

I still loved the things the conventions were about, but I couldn't stand all these immature people with no social boundries that for some reason saw convention times as an excuse to do whatever. I saw people just standing and screaming at each other, people standing in small doorways and demanding they be hugged for passage, people acting inapprpriately towards female cosplayers, people dressed as pedo bear picking up tiny women and running off with them and a lot of other shit that really just turned my stomach. Eventually I just stopped going.

I've heard that a lot of this is fairly unique to the Swedish convention culture, though it's probably just the frequency that's different.

I wish I lived somewhere where the conventions didn't suck because a lot of the stuff there is really fun.

3. Quiet Raven

I never got a chance to go to a convention. But I would love too!

4. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I've never been to one and it's not something I feel like I need to do or anything, but still would like to attend a few out of curiosity. I'm used to reading about stuff that gets announced or events that occur in conventions through other people's eyes, so it should be interesting to have my own experience on convention floors.

#4 Rawrzilla, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
  5. Leliana

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lucky! Wish I could go to MAGfest sadly I live too far away haha.

Last convention I went to was fanexpo during the summer. Its got it all; gaming, star wars, doctor who, anime and tons more

6. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oops. Wrong thread.... I had posted something that was supposed to go in another thread.

But... I moved it. I would love to go to at least one in my life. Meat the voice actors. Dress up and cosplay. I'd make a mean Chris Redfield from Code Veronica and Auron from Final Fantasy X.

#6 CyberScream, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  7. Quiet Raven

My city has a little convention every year. Last year Johnny Young Bosch was there. I wanted to go but not enough money. :frowning2: I was gonna go and display Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia.

Oh well. Someday I will go.

8. Calix

I've been to MCM in London. I definitely want to go again :slight_smile:

9. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never been to MCM, but I'd like to go some time! I like the Eurogamer Expo (EGX) in London/Birmingham though!