1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moments in Gaming where the feels are too stong

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GhostNeko, Feb 3, 2015.

1. GhostNeko

Hello gamers! In this forum you mention the times in your gaming lives where a moment in a video game(s) that made you portray an extreme amount of sadness, happiness, anger, etc.

I will of course go first.

A time in gaming where the feels were too strong for me... is when I finally got up to Ganondorf in Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. This was 9 years ago, it was my first time ever beating a video game. But when I got to his snake puppet, I got so mad at it. It was IMPOSSIBLE to hit the tail. But the fact that I almost beat it made me so happy, I had a smile for the rest of the day.

2. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm... Operation Darkness when doing the last mission. Very frustrating. I couldn't let my healer or any other characters die. Or I wouldn't have gotten the true ending. Took me about 10 or 11 tries. Frustrated.

Assassin's Creed 3... when Conner's village when up in smoke. I felt a strong connection to the character as if my emotions were connected to Conner's.

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War when Chopper was shot down and killed. Just the battle after it had happened I was once again connected to the characters on an emotional level. And I went into a trance. Even though the game dumbs down the combat a slight bit during that mission... I was so sad and angry at the same time. I usually like to talk in video games... but I was in the zone. Also when Kei Nagase was shot down, I was at full throttle trying to find her.

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War is another one. And it also has 2 missions. When the nukes were dropped. I felt sad. And when PJ was shot down and killed. I went into my trance in the final showdawn with Pixy. Thanks to the music too.

Final Fantasy VII when Aerith was murdered. I was depressed for the rest of disc one.

.hack//G.U. Vol. 3 Redemption... when Alkaid came back to The World. I was so happy I almost went into tears. Like my morale had just spiked at that point.

All of the Way of The Samurai games. When it comes to the final mission, I somehow connect with the character's emotions and resolve. And end up in one of my trances.

I tend to connect to a lot of characters on an emotional level. Like I am actually role playing that character. Empathy.

3. Stripe101

Wind Waker is the only Zelda game I've played it was great though.

The saddest thing ever for me in a video game is when Agro falls in Shadow of the Colossus. In a split second you realize how much you relied on that horse and how attached you were to him. UGH IT'S MAKING ME SAD NOW

4. White Knight

Whole Mass Effect 3 run... I don't remember crying that much for any work of fiction.

Neverwinter Nights Original Campaign, Aribeth's story often criticized for being so cliche but I liked it.
    **SPOILER** I was both sad and furious when I learned Nasher executed her... even I tried to hard to make her submit instead of killing her **end/SPOILER**

Neverwinter Nights 2 has it's moment but most effective ones comes from Shandra Jerro story...

Champions Online Vibora Bay Apocalypse has very nice story... other than that certain impotent idiot who claims to be the next Archmage. It really gives you feeling of getting closer to the end.

City of Heroes had a story arch where you following a hero who lost during his research on Devouring Earth... At the end of arch you'd find hero mutated into something horrible and you have to put him down.

As you can see from this pattern, everytime I can't manage to save people in games despite all my super abilities, it leaves mark.

5. Lazuri

Dragon's Dogma when fighting the dragon. You just feel how high the stakes are for the entirety of that battle and it made me just want to give it my all.

6. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Destroying the Lich King in World of Warcraft felt epic. As a Death Knight, i finally had my revenge. I even destroyed the Scourge Trinket of the start quests when i killed him :slight_smile:

Skyrim is epic, during the entire game. Nerdgasms.

7. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The intro to The Last of Us. I don't think there has ever been a faster punch to the gut in video game history.

8. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In The Last of Us, the intro, Tess's death, Sam & Henry's death, Ellie's attempted rape (when Joel was looking for her, I felt like a Krogan on blood rage), and the entire ending. Such a depressing game.

In Mass Effect 3, seeing the kid dying with that epic music playing, Mordin & Legion's sacrifice, saying my last goodbye to Garrus.

There's no Shepard without Vakarian.

Dammit Garrus, you're gunna make me cry.

9. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The whole Sif & Artorias storyline from Dark Souls, that hits you right in the feels. Really gets to you when you see the cutscene prior to the Sif fight if you've saved him in the DLC too.

10. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    TLOU was a ride from beginning to end.
    SPOILERS!!!

For me the best part was, without a doubt, David's death. How Ellie does it and how Joel holds her. It was perfect.

SPOILERS!!!

11. Hemlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So many moments from Kingdom Hearts and The Last of Us

12. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tomb Raider (2013) when escaping the burning castle... (right after getting the noob tube). I felt like a true bad ass.