1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samurai Warriors 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kageshiro, Feb 16, 2015.

1. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I want to talk about this game. Feel free to talk about it as well if you so desire~ or any other Koei stuff, or even any other stuff in general, if you want to =o *as an agent of chaos i wouldnt dream of containing a free spirit* ^^

[​IMG]

ok so this game, this fucking game... but we'll get to that, first of all, a little background~ as some of you may or may not know I've been an avid fan of koei stuff since I first played Dynasty Warriors 3 a hell of alot of years ago as a kid. Well, I say avid, but lately it's been more of a passive interest if anything since recent installments of the Dynasty warriors and warriors orochi series' left me disappointed. Samurai Warriors had actually been my favorite KOEI series since the second game however it too fell off the radar for me when the 3rd wasn't released on my console. I did watch a few cutscenes from the game on youtube and unfortunately wasn't too impressed with anything I saw. It seemed like a big step backward from SW2 which actually was my favorite KOEI title, up til now...

So I was finally prepared to accept the fact that Warriors games weren't really going anywhere and after 10 years of being the same goddamn thing every game even I was finally getting sick of them. I even made a pact to never buy another one unless they do something genuinely unique and creative. So news of SW4 came around and while I payed it some attention I had such low expectations that I already decided not to even bother with it. The game came out and I ignored it until just a few days ago as fate would have it an extremely generous nakama with alot of disposable income offered to buy the game for me. Despite my skepticism I said what the hell why not, clearly he enjoyed it enough to pay for both of us... that alone makes it worth checking out.

SO I got the game afterall and then I played the game. and then mother jesus holy fucking christ on toast [youtube]wiCsMgXMJMw[/youtube]

THAT, IS HOW YOU DO AN INTO, KOEI, TAHT IS HOW YOU DO THAT RIGHT.

after recovering from the hype tsunami that obliterated me within that 1 minute and 41 seconds I took my 1st step into the best warriors game that I've ever played. I played through story, all the while looking out for that one character, or battle, or moment or gameplay thing or anything, that would disappoint me in the way the other games did. It didn't happen. Samurai Warriors 4 impressed, satisfied and entertained me at every turn without any exception I can think of so far. This game, pushes the boundaries of how fun a game where you mash square all day should be able to be. This game, is a near-perfect balance of quantity with quality. The characterization, the gameplay, the storytelling, the history, the art style, the music, are all more effective here than in any other warriors title I've seen. I could go on but I'll leave it at this. This is the best game ever made by Koei, in my opinion, and I feel like it's going to keep me busy for a long time. I recommend it highly to anyone remotely interested in hacknslash games, anime style action, or japanese history/culture.

2. Zombi3

I've only played Warriors of Orochi, which was AWSOME!!

Also this intro looks a bit ps2 like for a ps4 game.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I was always fond of this scene, from Dynasty Warriors 5, at the Battle of Xia Pi:

[YOUTUBE]LhGcwwLQVfA[/YOUTUBE]​