1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faces when playing horror games

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by STM29, Feb 25, 2015.

1. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Found this some months ago on the internet. It's hilarious :grin:

[​IMG]

I know people that are absolutely tough and are not scared at all. But I also know people which really get nightmares and can't play in the dark.

For me it's maybe an average of 3 :lol:
    But of course it depends on the game. For some it's more a 2, for some a 5 :wink:

What about you guys? :icon_wink

2. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is pretty funny. But it would be a lot better if if you had a scale with PewDiePie's expressions on it. I've watched the videos of him playing the Slender games and other horror games... and... I laughed...

3. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha yes, that would be cool :icon_bigg I like his videos and it's funny to see his facial expressions and how he screams around sometimes xD

4. RainDreamer

I never touch a horror game knowingly. Hell, even Gone Home, which is not even a horror game, got me stop playing due to the creepy empty atmosphere.

I don't know what I am, really. For one I think I would be like 6, being a super scaredy cat. But at the same time I can control myself enough to just close the game or whatever instead of smashing things, and tell myself to never touch that game again.

5. Rainbows~Exist

Usually a 6 :lol:

6. Jellal

I'm a 5 or a 6. While I don't scream/cry uncontrollably, I'll basically never finish a game. When it's that scary it makes me never want to go back to it.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Probably a 1. Potentially a 2.

I'm pretty hard to scare with a game. About the only thing that will get me is a sudden blaring of music, but I count that as cheating. Am I not supposed to react when the damn volume jumps up by a ton? Lol. Content-wise, it's difficult to make me afraid, though it is possible.

The first Resident Evil was kind of scary. Not so much for the zombie aspect, but the build up to it, when you would wander around the mansion, with that eerie faded music in the background, and that damn ticking clock. It would drive you insane, just waiting for something to happen. When the zombies became more common place, it stopped being so tense, but everything before was golden.

That tends to get me, the build up. Because my own mind is a lot more frightening than many things that are programmed, I've discovered.

8. Lazuri

I don't play a lot of horror games, but there was a time when me and my friends would often play them and I'd watch. In those cases I was a 2. I only get scared by jump scares, but that's cheating and I get more pissed off than I get scared.

When I play myself it's another story. I still don't really get scared, but for some reason I get performance anxiety and think I'll get scared, mess up and fail. That makes me stop playing. Horror games and I just don't mesh well.

9. 101DeadRoses

2,3,4, and then 6 are the stages of horror games for me.

Actually, pretty much any game.

Yeah, I scream a lot while gaming.

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I probably range from a 2 to a 4.5. But for the most part I don't play any horror games worse than Resident Evil or Gears of War.

I have such a weird relationship with fear though. On one side I'm fascinated and attracted to it for how deep a feeling it is. On the other, the fact that it is so primal (and expressing of doubt in your ability to handle something) makes the person feeling fear extremely vulnerable in the eyes of others. To show you're afraid of something is a partial baring of the soul. So in all but the rarest cases, I'm too scared to admit I'm scared. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The last time I got scared over a game it was because I had a nightmare about being killed at the start of Silent Hill on PS1. Those headless creatures with huge claws ripped me to shreds. So I agree with Kaiser because my own mind is a grimdark hyperbole machine. Different things scare different people. Sleep paralysis is the thing most likely to freak me out.

I don't play many horror games. I think it's more fun to blast Power Metal and fight enemies in Skyrim. Although I do love some horror movies, at least the first time I watch them because I can turn into a 3 and a 4 with some luck. It's difficult getting past the "this is not real" mental barrier.

I watch some pretty messed up anime, for fun. I'll put it this way; the most 'frightening' aspect of Deadman Wonderland was relating to Azuma Genkaku. It took a while to understand this but I have a lower 'default' anxiety level than most people. It could be debated that really brave people are the ones that deal with their naturally high anxiety levels. I laughed at such people when I was younger but nowadays I can feel more respect for people that wanted to throw up after watching the likes of Hostel. Okay, confession over xD

Anyway, it's a pretty funny image you found and it strangely reminds me of this
    [​IMG]
    (You can reverse image search if the text is too small)

12. YunoGasai

im probably a 3 XD

13. TrueColors

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am usually a 5. XD

14. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nice :grin:

I'm 1. I never had a bad dream because of a horror game. Random loud stuff might make me jump, but then I'd be laughing afterwards and salivating for more and worse.

Actually I enjoy feeling scared. A lot.