1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitness Tech

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mangotree, Mar 1, 2015.

1. mangotree

Hi, how are you?

I've been exercising on and off for quite a long time and have recently found some things that help a lot with motivation etc..

Fitness Technology

While some of them probably aren't marketed as fitness tech, I've found them to be really helpful.

So please list anything that you've tried, it's success (or lack of), things you liked/disliked about it etc..

As an example, here's a few things that I've really enjoyed recently.
    Fitbit - has reawakened my competitive nature - linking up with friends and other groups
    Wii Fit U - about half of the exercises are really good
    Bluetooth jogging earphones - nothing like running with music and with no cables flopping around
    Spotify - has lots of music playlists for particular kinds of workouts
    Waterproofed iPod Shuffle / Waterproof earphones for swimming - an odd experience at first but well worth it

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't use any special "fitness tech" other than my cell phone, on which I can use the GPS to estimate my distance. I'm a RunKeeper Elite user. :3

~ Adrienne

#2 Pret Allez, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  3. Section18

Section18 Guest

No offence mate, but that's a lot of expensive shit that you don't need. You're better off spending that money on a gym membership and a better diet.

You only need to spend money on a gym membership, good diet and maybe some supps.

4. mangotree

No worries.
    Each to their own I guess.

I find that a lot of fitness plans fail because exercise can get boring, which fitness tech helps with in my opinion.

I have a gym membership and a decent diet as well as all the tech. I guess it just depends what one can afford.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If all you require is a distraction, how about music? That does the trick for me.

~ Adrienne

6. Mitchell

I have a FitBit One. It works great - if you enter things accurately and can be honest to yourself about the data you put in.

It's great at keeping track of how many steps I take and gives me a readout, which is great considering I have a desk job and am at the desk most of the time.

7. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I used to regularly exercise I found great satisfaction in preparing my meal and exercise plans, so I ended up having a long list of links to sites about food and exercise. I found that the best resource is NR Project - Fitness Made Easy. It is by far the best free site for exercises. They also have some meal plans, but nowadays I'm comfortable enough to make my own food without worrying that I might screw up something.

8. starfish

I have a Microsoft Band. I really like it. The heart rate monitor can be a bit wonky though.

What is really cool is that it will show you your text messages and caller id.

I got this one for free in a promotion. However if something were to happen to it, I would have no problem buying another one.