1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wma to mp3 converters?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Rainbows~Exist, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Rainbows~Exist

Basically I want to put some music from my computer on to my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3 mini btw) and every time I try to download wma files onto my phone they never play in the music player yet show up in my playlist. My podcasts however are mp3 files and play with ease so I guess my phone will play my music if they are mp3 files. The only problem is that I can't find any good converters online (I found one that almost gave me a Malware virus :confused: ). So I'm asking you, the wonderful residents of EC, do any of you know of good and effective mp3 conversion sites and/or methods? Thanks! (*hug*)

2. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I use Free Studio for conversions and have never had any problems with it. It has a range of converters, including an audio one and it does work on wma to mp3 because I've just checked. Hope that helps.

3. Rainbows~Exist

4. guitar

Tipard converter converts literally everything to everything. Videos, audio,etc.

5. FrenchKid98

You already got a suggestion for converters so that's good :slight_smile:

Now in case you or any one else reading this wants to play wma files or files with other less common format, I highly recommend Poweramp music player (Poweramp – Music Player for Android). It works very well and as their site says, it "plays mp3, mp4/m4a (including alac), ogg, wma*, flac, wav, ape, wv, tta, mpc, aiff"

It is paid app but if you can afford it and are looking for a great and customizable (it has support for skins, mostly by external devs so some of those are paid) audio player on Android, it is in my opinion worth every penny.
    And I know this almost sounds like an advert but really I'm talking from experience with it as I have been using it since about last August and I still find it great.