1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pillar of Eternity is out!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RainDreamer, Mar 29, 2015.

1. RainDreamer

Pillars of Eternity
    It is now available! An RPG staying true to its classical root with amazing storytelling, intriguing plots, wonderful world building, good old D&D gameplay.

From what I have seen a few hours playing it, It is also very LGBT friendly, for example:

One of the races you can choose are Godlike - a descendent of other races (human, elf, draves and the like) that has been touched by the powers of the gods since birth, and their body undergoes extreme physical changes, and varied between individuals like wings, horns, birthmarks, skin colours, even fire/magical energy flow in place of hair. Their treatment is also varied between faction. Some respect them, and some outright despite them.

Most importantly though, none of the godlike can reproduce. This has made marriage for them difficult in many areas where marriage is considered a way to produce children. In one of the kingdom, they are legally considered as without sex or gender, no matter how they self-identify, and legal constructs that explicitly mention sex or gender cause problems for them.

Sounds like transgender people for you? =p

Another small story of an NPC's past also explicitly describe a lesbian mage with her lover strolling through a market and was harassed by a random jerkass. The world of the game is plagued with a magical disease and causing children to be born without a soul, just empty flesh, but it does not affect all women equally, and thus women had an implicit expectation of "responsibilities" to bear children from others. Thus homophobia in this case. But the lesbian mage didn't let that jerkass stand. She pulled out her grimoire and start shooting spells, but before she tried any higher level spell and brought out greater destruction, she was stopped by a kiss from her lover. The two women then defiantly walk by the jerk ass and stare him down before they went on with their day.

-----

I love this game so much, and I barely started!

2. FluffyDragon

Out Status:
    All but family
    COOOL!!!! Sounds pretty sweet I'll have to try it myself! Haha! Niiice

3. Lazuri

It's alright, but I have a problem with games like these.

They're more like reading a book than actually playing a game and it's just to slow to fit me when I'm in a mood for gaming.

That's a personal problem though, I can still say it's a good game, which it is.

4. PossumJack

Been playing this game for 2 days straight and I just can't put it down. Definitely recommended if you enjoy old-school CRPGs and storytelling.

Like Lazuri said though, it's probably not the game for you if you don't enjoy plot-heavy games, or reading pages upon pages of well-written prose.

5. RainDreamer

Indeed. I really love characters interaction too, for example, there is this gem:
    *A fighter party member asked the ranger about her animal companion*

Fighter: Hey, [ranger's name], does your fox bite?

Ranger: Yes.

Fighter: Can I pet him anyway?

Ranger: It is your hand.

Fighter: I am going to pet him.

*later on*

Ranger: How's the hand?

Fighter: Turning purple. Might have to cut it off.

Ranger: I warned you not to pet him.

Fighter: If I am not supposed to pet him why is he so soft?

:roflmao:

And another thing for LGBT I just found: One of the party member has his soul Awakened - meaning they remembered their past lives and their past personalities resurfaced - and the past personality he has was of a woman. Further more, his male personality is very mild mannered and sophisticate, while his female personality is a foul mouthed hicks. It makes him/her (them?) very fun to hang around.

6. Anotheruser

When my oc is fixed I will check it out.