1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you be mad if your partner sold your videogame(s)?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by nohalos, Apr 8, 2015.

1. nohalos

[YOUTUBE]QUgvbd98RnM[/YOUTUBE]

Basically, in the video, the girl pranked the guy, telling him she sold his newly-bought videogame for $50. He was in line at Gamestop before he got to buy the videogame (imagine the hardships of a gamer). Of course, his initial reaction was to be really mad.

But for you, EC friends, would you be mad if your partner were to sell/throw away your videogames?

I personally would get hella mad. Especially if my older PSone / PS2 games were to be put away for good, I would blow up. I mean, if my boyfriend were to do this to me, I wouldn't know how badly I would react. (I'd probably cry, ruin my hair, ruin the sofa, etc, etc...)

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Oh absolutely. Probably even break up with them since they showed that I cannot trust them. If they go behind my back for games, who knows what else they would do.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I don't really have games I can't just re-download, so I'll substitute my gun.

Yes, I would be mad if my partner sold my gun.

In general, I don't think selling someone else's stuff is a good way to communicate whether something is not working in a relationship. Let's say that you're playing computer games too much (video games are computer games), and your partner doesn't like that. That's a time to negotiate a new strategy or to shitcan the relationship. But selling your partner's things is not the way to communicate an emotional intimacy problem.

4. Quiet Raven

Definitely. I don't want someone selling my things without my permission. Games or anything else. If they do that I would immediately break up with them for sure.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, to "unforgivable fits of rage" status. For one she'd never do that, but if it did happen in some lapse of sanity, she better pretty much flay herself in apology before I'd take her back.

6. Foz

Foz Guest

I'd be pretty pissed, but I'd just buy them again.

7. Gandee

Gandee Guest

That was a stupid and tasteless prank :dry:
    Ofc anyone would get mad!

8. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only my video games? My saved data, is more important. I'd be angry, but I'd probably at least hear them out. It must be an exceptional explanation with reasons that we can verify, or it would be game over, for them.

Now, if they threw out my knives... I'm cutting them out of my life.

9. Jellal

Yeah I'd be mad. That is some fucked "domineering" shit which needs to stay the hell away from everything but the bedroom.

10. MrK21

No I would just sell everything they own and make love with someone else in THEIR room. Then I would tell them I gave all the money to charity.

11. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YES! Who wouldnt? :lol:
    This is why Im looking for a gamer partner. He/She will understand my passion in gaming

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Behind my back, yes. Not so much because they're video games, but due to the fact they were sneaky about it.

I'd want to know their reason for doing this, and unless it is something like owning Canada, then there is some thoughts and talks to be had.

But what would really tick me off is, if they sold my video games to, say, GameStop, with their rip-off prices. If you're going to sell my stuff, do it right -- I don't tolerate slack hustlers, LOL.

13. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Absolutely, I'd consider leaving them. It means we have huge trust issues and a lack of communication which are colossal flaws to have in a relationship. My games are important to me and it's impossible that I could even date someone without them knowing that about me. That means their actions were deliberate and probably spiteful. The only exception is if they somehow got an unrealistically good deal they couldn't pass up and even then I'd be bothered by the fact they didn't even ask permission to sell something THAT DOESNT BELONG TO THEM

fortunately i will never date anyone this oblivious and rude and wont ever have this problem

14. Atspho

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    At first I'd be furious, they went behind my back and not only sold something of mine without permission, they sold things that are very expensive and many of which are hard to come by and several of them hold sentimental value.

But after that I don't know how I'd react. If my partner managed to sell all my games then they're probably after shifting more stock than a goddamn multinational. With the sheer amount of games I own we'd have made a fortune. That's an impressive feat for a person that doesn't exist!

15. Hatsune Miku

uh, yeah? i'd call the police have them fucking arrested. anyone who takes my stuff without permission and sells it is a damn criminal

16. White Knight

Probably depends on their reason... not that I have many boxed games anymore. Even my most revered one saved on my HDDs thanks to Origin and GoG.

If he'd have a stupid reason like "You don't spend time with me!" I will break up with him but not before I break him badly. I hope that would appease their need for intimacy. God even imagining those kind of people are out there make me triple happy that I am single and planning to stay that way.

17. luminescence

I'd probably not talk to her/him for maybe a whole week, before I quit on staying mad. Then talk about it, and make sure my saved data is safe, and make up again (because I can't stay mad for very long at anyone)

18. ApexxShadow

Depends. If they went behind my back and sold them, I'd be furious. If we talked about it first, I'd be cool with it.

19. Gen

Gen

As an loyal RPG and MMO player, I must agree. Though at least MMOs are stored on databases.

I remember when all saved data was stored on tiny external memory cards that we guarded with our lives. Forget selling. Accidentally tossing out or losing memory cards divided families! Friendships, Gone! If you lost someone's memory card, you applied for witness protection. You lived in hiding. There was no forgiveness. There was no going back!

20. RainDreamer

Uh...selling any of my personal properties before asking me about it first is a no-no, doesn't matter what they are selling away. I would be as mad if they take away my plushes and stuffed animals collection too.