1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera Suggestions

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gabroxs20, Apr 20, 2015.

1. gabroxs20

So I love photography, but sadly my current camera is nearly nonfunctioning. I currently have a powershot which is the basic Cannon cameras. But since I love photography, and do it school/in college/and would prefer to not have to buy another camera anytime soon I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for higher end digital cameras from first hand experience, no more then the lower of the $400 range since I'm paying half. Thanks a ton! :icon_bigg

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    my personal opinion:
    you might look up Cams like the Pana FZ20 used, in very good condition...
    they have a quality optics with a huge zoom range and an aperture of 2.0 throughout all the zoom range. You can go automatic or play with manual settings.
    Its quite light, and there are adapters available if you want to use filters etc.
    There are later models with easier to use manual settings but the aperture of 2.0 is quite unique.
    Only drawback they have not huge pixel images. But you can use the zoom so you not necessarily need it.

#2 jay777, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  3. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sony Alpha NEX-7 with a 18-55mm kit lens. It costs around $450 (as of current USD/JPY rates). You get the versatility and usability of a professional grade camera with room for expansion, in the body of a point and shoot. I personally have the A6000 model (which is quite similar) and am happy with it, but then again I do it as a hobby.