1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vocaloid / UTAU Fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GoWithTheFlow, Apr 21, 2015.

1. GoWithTheFlow

Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey fabulous EC people!

Just wondering, any Vocaloid or UTAU fans here?
    My favorite Vocaloids are Maika (Spanish Vocaloid, who I actually have a copy of), Kaito, and I'd have to say... Meiko. They all have awesome voices!

I also LOOOOOOOVE UTAUloids! Tei's always held a special place in my heart, but I've fallen in love with Ritsu and Ruko's KIRE voicebanks. I also am part of the overseas community and have UTAUs of my own, but I guess I shouldn't say them because then you can technically find me on deviantART and that goes against the rules? Dunno.

Either way, I'd love to find some other Voca-nerds to talk to!

2. Hatsune Miku

I pray to our lord and savior Miku 3 times a day

also Rolling Girl, Knife, Dancer in the Dark, Heart Chrome, and Meltdown are my fav Vocaloid songs at the moment

3. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay! There are vocaloid fans on here!!
    My favorite vocaloids are KAITO~ the kagamine twins, Nekomura Iroha and Meiko.
    Recently though, I've preferred human voices, so I listen to utaite covers of vocaloid songs and they're awesome!
    My current favorite songs are: If by Muryoku-P (Luka sings it) Leia - yuyoyuppe, again luka sings it, Magnet by minato-p, this is my all time favorite song since I knew vocaloid~ when I knew the meaning I liked it even more!
    I also like meltdown (Kaito's cover)and crystalline

4. GoWithTheFlow

Out Status:
    All but family
    *knocks on door* DO YOU HAVE A MOMENT TO TALK ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVIOR MIKU CHRI-- *door slams* XD

That aside, I do enjoy Rolling girl and Meltdown! Two classics!

---------- Post added 29th Apr 2015 at 06:41 PM ----------

//woooooooooow I'm terrible I just saw this now OTL I'msosorry//

Either way, Kaito is my baby *hides him away in a box and hisses* miiiiine XD
    I love Meiko and Iroha too! I do like the Kagamine twins, but they're not my favorites (I prefer more mature and/or powerful voices)

I've never heard of If, so let's add that to a list of songs that I need to look at! I absolutely LOVE Yuyoyuppe, but I'm not a huge fan of Leia! I do adore Palette, and You and Beautiful World though! (both featuring Luka)
    Ah, Magnet is a classic. I used to be obsessed with it, but now I've grown out of it, and either sing it to my friends for ironic purposes, or cover it for ironic purposes with my UTAU crack ships XD
    Kaito's Meltdown is awesome! If you like that, I have this for you: Paradichlorobenzene
    I absolutely love this cover! It's in a VERY low octave, but it sounds so sexy hhhhhhng-- //kicked off EC
    CRYSTALLINE IS GREAT OH MY GOD I'M IN LOVE WITH CIRCUS-P
    I also love Addicted, Repeat, iNFeCTioN, Crystalline, Lie, and Athena!!! All AMAZING English originals! Crusher is an awesome english producer too!

Since you like Kaito... *drops a cover my friend made because OTP* Cantarella OvO

5. Lazuri

I think they're alright, though I used to like them way more in the past.

My favorites are Luka and Gakupo. I mean, I love Gackt, I'd have to love his vocaloid.

My favorite song with Gakupo is In the Name of God.

I can't really pick a favorite for Luka, since I can't recall any exclusive songs with her. Even though it's a duet and Miku steals the show, I have a liking for Magnet, though to be completely honest, the song does itself better in German.

6. izzywillynilly

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I like Luka Megurine.

I'm not sure what UTAU is, but I'll check it out then come back to comment.

7. Rapha Lover

Here, but I know more Vocaloid than UTAU. Anyway...

I love Miku, Neru, Gumi and Rin... (Only female vocals. The male vocals I don't like so much...)
    But I love the metal vocaloid as well! So cool!

8. Ebiru

Favourites are Gumi, IA, Rin and Yuzuki Yukari. :grin:

9. silkyprince

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not really into UTAUloid, but my favorite Vocaloids are probably Gumi, Len, and Rin.

I have a lot of favorites, but if I have to choose just a handful, I'd have to say: the Bad End Night series, LUVORATORRRRRRRY!, Our Adventure Log Has Vanished, Childish War, Lost One's Weeping, Clean Freak, and Rolling Girl (if only because I cosplayed her in January).

10. GoWithTheFlow

Out Status:
    All but family
    I used to be OBSESSED with the Night Series! Not as much of a fan anymore though. Luvoratorrrrry is also a great one, and so is Childish War.
    I really like Giga's remixes of 1 2 Fanclub and Electric Angel. Great covers!
    Also there's this new song called GAME OVER ft. Gumi. Awesome song!
    Also currently obsessed with Dixie Flatline's Sugarvine.

You should definitely check out some UTAU covers sometime! There is a MASSIVE amount of voices and so much variety to check out! There's everything from whisper to screamo voices!

My fave UTAU things atm are...
    https://soundcloud.com/june-kaihatsune/sleeping-beauty-redo-kasane
    https://soundcloud.com/macnspam/oh-my-god-ruko-is-like-japanese-michael-jackson-on-them-high-notes
    https://soundcloud.com/ragenoodles/logic-agent-ruko
    https://soundcloud.com/ragenoodles/utau-release-goodbye-april-doppelorchid
    https://soundcloud.com/ragenoodles/amaoto-crina_rain-ust
    https://soundcloud.com/stuckinvertigo/memaine-uzu-feat-murasaki-fushicantarellautau

11. Tamanofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is the first time I've heard of utau (man~ I'm missing out on things) i'll check it on my free time. Luka is my fav btw and ryo's work are the best for me.

12. Emmichan

I used to be a huge Vocaloid fan and pretty much listened to Vocaloid and only Vocaloid, but in the last couple months I've not listening to them. I got into English music. Heh, my brother thinks I'm weird. I really want to get back into it

IA, Gumi, and the Kagamine twins are my favorite Vocaloids (not much familiar with UTAU). I have a whole bunch of songs that have been favorites at some time or the other. Rolling Girl was the first Vocaloid songs I ever listened to. I related a lot to Black Rock Shooter at a personal level even before I watched the anime. I like Kemu's Pandora Voxx series, especially Earth's Final Confession, Defeated Boy, Invisible... all of it really. There's also A Realistic Logical Ideologist, Revenge Syndrome, Clean Freak, Tawagoto Speaker, Kagarou Days, Thousand Year Wiegenlied, Six Trillion Years, Two Second's Interval, Double Lariat, Seasonal Feathers, Paper Planes, Lost One's Weeping, and I don't think I'm as rusty on Vocaloid as I thought :slight_smile:

Does anyone have any recommendations for new Vocaloid songs released more recently. I only seem to know older ones.

13. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ooh yes! Seasonal feathers makes me cry almost every time. I have a rather strange taste in vocaloid music, and do know mostly the older ones though. I've heard most of them that you listed.
    Lol the most recent one that I know of is titled "This fucked/messed up wonderful world exists for me" I prefer calling it fucked up cause it gives the song more character.
    The lyrics still don't make sense to me.
    What are your favorite producers and genre? Vocaloid covers a wide range of things, from cute sounding songs that are morbid and have graphic but cuteish pictres..."I'm sorry, I'm sorry" by kikuo. (that song's super messed up. I had nightmares) to metal-ly sad love songs, "ao" by jiwataneho or some of Yuyoyuppe's works, and then just pure randomness - "fucked up wonderful world" as I mentioned above.
    If you haven't already, don't look up "i'm sorry, I'm sorry" It's kinda cool, but really messed up and nightmare inducing. Unless you're into that kinda stuff lol~

I think I rambled enough...
    I have an obsession.

AND OH MY GOSH PLEASE ANSWER ME ANYONE IF YOU'VE HEARD OF UTAITE. I HAVE A CRAZY OBSESSION OVER THEM.

Okay, thats enough.
    I'm a weird one.

14. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a huge fan of Vocaloids and UTAUs. :lol: In fact, I made a topic for this the 11th of September in 2014: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/entertainment-media/151542-do-you-like-vocaloids-utaus.html

You have a copy of Maika? SOO jealous! I want her too! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I really like Fantasia! ~I fes que cada dia sigui un arc de Sant Martí~ (and make every day a rainbow). Maika doesn't sing Spanish only though! :icon_bigg You can make her sing Catalan really well (as in Fantasia), or Italian (check out una notte a Napoli) or even more (check out Maika's Let It Go multilanguage cover).

I don't like Kaito actually (I find his voice odd, although I do think Acute is quite good). Meiko... :icon_bigg I really like Meiko's Destroy Destroy.

I'll give some songs I like :lol: I love some more than others, but I'll list all I like. :lol:

Solo
    Fuuga Koto* - Koto Koto ★ Romantic
    Hatsune Miku - Dark Woods Circus (sung by more than Miku)
    Hatsune Miku - Ievan Polkka
    Hatsune Miku - Secret Police
    Hatsune Miku - Senbonzakura
    Hatsune Miku - Unhappy Refrain
    Hatsune Miku - What Do You Mean!?
    Kagamine Len - Paradichlorobenzene
    Kagamine Rin - Abstract Nonsense
    Kagamine Rin - Idola Circus
    Kagamine Rin - Meltdown
    Kagamine Rin - Tengaku
    Kasane Teto* - Confront! You Look So Cool!
    Kasane Teto* - Fukkireta
    Kasane Teto* - Kasane territory
    Kasane Teto* - Popipo (cover)
    Kasane Teto* - Tokyo Teddy Bear (cover)
    Kokone - Lilium (cover)
    Maika - Fantasia
    Maika - 「Let It Go (25 Multilanguage) 」 Cover
    Maika - Ni una sola palabra (cover)
    Maika - Una Chica Ye Ye (cover)
    Maika - Una notte a Napoli
    MEIKO - Destroy Destroy
    MEIKO - Escape of Salmhofer the Witch
    MEIKO - Nostalogic
    Megurine Luka - Depression of Cybernetics
    Megurine Luka - Dye
    Megurine Luka - Hello, Worker
    Megurine Luka - Lie
    Megurine Luka - Megane
    Megurine Luka - Secret
    Megurine Luka - Queen of Hearts
    Sekka Yufu* - Meltdown (cover)

Duets and such
    Gumi, Kagamine Len - Ah, It's a Wonderful Cat Life
    Hatsune Miku, KAITO, Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, MEIKO - Alice Of Human Sacrifice
    Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin - Summer Idol
    Hatsune Miku, Kasane Teto*, Akita Neru** - Triple Baka
    Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka - Magnet
    Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka - World's End Dance Hall
    Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka, KAITO - Acute
    Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka, Samune Zimi - Reboot
    Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len - Karakuri 卍 Burst
    Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len - Remote Controller
    Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len - Rin and Len's Adolescence (Cendrillon)
    Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len - Kagamine HachiHachi Flower Fight
    Kasane Teto*, Yokune Ruko* - Lion (cover)
    Vocaloid Eight - Bad∞End∞Night
    Vocaloid Eight - Crazy nighT
    Vocaloid Eight - EveR ∞ LastinG ∞ NighT
    Vocaloig Eight - Twillight nighT
    Vocaloid Six - Party x Party
    Vocaloid Ten - Phantom Thief F's Scenario ~Mystery of the Missing Diamond~

* UTAU
    ** Fanloid? Pitchloid? Ah, it's Akita. :3

#14 Quem, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  15. MonoLykos

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm on a 2 year hiatus from vocaloid, but I was a die hard Kagamine fan.
    Listen to "Revolution" with Rin and Len.

All of you Miku fangirls, move over. :wink:

16. David21201

*hides Kaito cosplay* pffft Vocaloid? never heard of it *nervous laughter*

Kaito and Gumi are my favorites.

All time favorite songs are Alice of Human Sacrifice and Sorry ForBeing A cloest Otaku

17. Eye Shine

I'm seeing IA a new vocaloid at Anime Expo coming up. My faves are the kagamine twins and Miku. I also like Luka Luka's friend zoning song

18. Ryu

Ryu

Vocaloid stuff confuses me. Everybody sounds like failed auditions for google translate.

For guitarists that are into this and don't know about this: MIKU STOMP STOMP EFFECT | Effects | KORG
    Who thought of doing this?

19. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've listened to all Vocaloids? And moreover, to all of the songs? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And yes, I'm specifically asking for songs. Depending on the creator of the song, Vocaloids can sound very different. The more skilled an artist is, the better it'll likely sound.

To say they sound like failed auditions for Google Translate actually shows that you don't know what kind of Vocaloids are out there.

Take Kokone for instance and go to 2:00, that doesn't sound like some failed audition to me. Especially not when she goes to falsetto voice in 2:25. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[youtube]AIo4cozrXyY[/youtube]

Some Voicaloids have a very different timbre. I doubt Maika's Una Notte a Napoli would be considered a "failed audition for Google Translate". Just listen to it to see what one can do with the Vocaloid software. =)

[youtube]cZr9iGMTetQ[/youtube]

20. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Megurine Luka <3