1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aren't you bored of Pokemon as a long time fan?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chromedome, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sure new kids will get sucked in, but as a a person who has known pokemon for at least 10 years i can't buy another, they all just got graphical changes and like horde battles and stuff but I'm tired of the core gameplay. Ni no kuni, Persona 3,4 & 5 are much more interesting takes on the creature training jrpg.

2. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Umm....no. Having played it since my sister's first left Pokemon Blue on the chair for little me to find, I've been loving the games.

There's always something new to find in the games, maybe it's an easter egg, maybe it's a shiny, but the game is constantly changing, with random encounters with random pokemon. Maybe it's a level 3 pidgey the first day, but the next day it's a level 15 shiny dragonite (yes I know dratini->dragonair->dragonite by level 55).

You might just be tired of all this crazy ev and iv training. I finished Pokemon Y with super enhanced pokemon but...it wasn't pokemon. I no longer wanted to catch pokemon that interested me, but only the ones that were OU or Uber. Ewwww. When I start my playthrough of Pokemon X, it's just going to be me entertaining my little 6 year old self imitating Ash Ketchum through the anime, starting with Froakie, catching a Pikachu, Hawlucha, Goomy, Fletchling, and other pokemon, and just having fun training. No more IV breeding for stupid shiny bulbasaurs (the stupid part is the breeding part), no more looking for hordes of geodude to get 24 defense IV's through the Pokerus'd training item holding snorlax. Just me, and my pokemon, like the good old days.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would be easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for me to get bored with pokemon.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kinda. I can't seem to get through the new games. I think I'm too ADD and all of the Pokemon are ugly and I can't get myself to care about them. Although I'd love to play omega ruby or alpha sapphire, since those would bring back good memories. I'm to cheap to buy the systems though just for one game...

5. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Stopped liking it after the Johto League...

6. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I stopped playing after Gen 4. It's just getting ridiculous.

I mean, there's a garbage Pokémon, for fuck's sake.

I still play Gens 1-4, but only those.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The Mega-Evolutions is what has turned me off to the series. I can understand having them for, say, a Poke'mon with a 3-stage evolution, like Charizard, but others, like Mawile, should have just received a normal evolution.

I wouldn't say I'm bored of the series as a whole, but it has taken a direction that, quite frankly, is sucking the fun out of it. But at the same time, if you meet somebody who is a Poke'mon fan, it can trigger that old spark. It's always a pleasure to battle with others, if you are both having a good time, no matter the Generation.

The peak of the series, in my opinion, was Generations I-IV. Which is why I'm eager to see what they'll do with the Diamond/Pearl remakes. Generation V felt too rushed, and it really shows, despite some awesome designs like Chandelure. I've yet to formally play Generation VI, but aside from the presentation, it doesn't exactly seem too appealing.

Mega-Infernape is what I'm most curious to see.

8. Aster

I've been playing Pokémon for around 11 years now and I've never gotten bored of it. It's my favourite game series.

I love playing the new games. There's waaaay more to do, which can keep somebody playing for around 2 weeks, even longer if you get into competitive battling, shiny hunting, etc. The stories, while still relatively simple compared to other game series, is a bit more thought out than the first games. And finally, in my opinion, the newer Pokémon look better. People can trash on Garbardor (geddit? I'll show myself out...) all they want but it's not as if Gen 1 Pokémon were the perfect examples of creativity.

Also I like Mega-Evolutions. Sue me.

Don't fuck with me in this, I take Pokémon fucking seriously.

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Not at all. I always find something fun about the games.

10. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love the orginal 150

11. Jolly Roger

Ive been getting into the GBA remakes(not by nintendo) of the pokemon games like Pokemon Dark rising, Pokemon Ash Grey, pokemon light platinum. These games are AMAZING. They have engaging story lines, new developer created pokemon and pokemon from newer generations like Diamond and Pearl. They also have a somewhat Increased difficulty, and basically everything the newer pokemon games have been missing. Heck some of them even have comedic story lines with dialog that would never make it into a nintendo game. List of Pokemon Hacked Roms - Pokemon ROM Hacks If you want to play them, you have to get an emulator. It's pretty easy if you know you way around computers somewhat, heck I've got them on my Ipod.

12. C P

C P

Game-wise? Nope, and likely won't ever be. I can understand the concerns of some about most of the core gameplay remaining the same, etc. But the games are pretty much part of me by now. They have this hold that keeps me relatively entertained regardless. Can't quite explain it. I guess it is just that one staple of your childhood that ends up staying with you in adulthood.

I may have 'out grown' e'rything else, like the anime(which I will occasionally catch for old time's sake), but I will continue playing the games 'til the end.

13. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I never liked Pokemon.

14. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

15. -Lana-

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg yes like you have to buy a 3DS which is super expensive- and then the pokemon games like Y and X are like £40!!!

16. conster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No not bored at all, they're continuing developing the franchise and video games in a positive way. I am not the biggest fan of the mega evolutions however they have to add some new aspect to it.

Re-makes of Sapphire and Ruby were fantastic and nostalgic considering the main game I played when I was younger was Sapphire.

I have a 2DS, £99.99, can't go wrong.

17. Spacesword

I've played pokemon since fire red/leaf green. I use to be into pokemon more than I am now but I still play the games. The anime lost me back at black and white though....I have no idea what the crap is going on.

18. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol :slight_smile: