1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MrSkittles, May 3, 2015.

1. MrSkittles

Any CoD fans out there? If so who's excited for Black Ops 3? I an Excited for it. Loved Black ops 2. I think the game will do really well. What are your guys opinions on this?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never played CoD (mostly because i think it is overpriced), but i saw the trailer for BO 3 and it looks really cool. Depending on the price, i will buy it.

And they picked such a great music to use on that trailer... :grin:

3. Lazuri

You Mean Call of Duty: Deus Ex? No, absolutely not. I don't support studios that exercise blatant plagiarism.

4. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nawh, I don't play COD. Last good game was MW2.

Back when it wasn't the same game every year.

5. Foz

Foz Guest

No no and no. Well not any more, it all went downhill from MW2, COD 4 has the best story and MW2 had everything you wanted from online play (useful perks, multiple attachments etc.). WaW had fantastic gore, Kieffer Sutherland and a great choice of weaponry. I've not played BO2 or Advanced Warfare, I played Ghosts online but stopped after rank 20 something.

It's not because the new ones don't feed the nostalgia of my youth, it's just that there's too much reliance on perks, kill streak rewards and super human abilities. All the maps from BO onwards only encourage camping which for me really sucked the life out of online play, I also enjoyed using weapons that exist IRL such as the L86 which the British Army use. All of the realism has gone, although it is rated an 18 you can just know it's orientated more towards 11-14 year olds where more tech is better and player dynamics don't matter. I just want a bit of reality.

From what I can see the only difference between COD games now is new suits that do more that completely erode player ability.

6. MrSkittles

Yeah I have to agree with some of you guys. The game franchise has gone down hill but I have high hopes for the upcoming game. I think they can pull of a great game even if the last good one in my opinion was Black Ops 2.

7. Manitoban

The last call of duty I bought was black ops 1. I honestly don't understand why people still buy these games they haven't really had any major innovation since the original modern warfare where it was amazing to be able to shoot through walls.

Battlefield did make an innovative step with destructible buildings and switched over to them because of that. But honestly I haven't been buying any of the new games from anyone until about a year later. $80 a game is simply too much.

---------- Post added 3rd May 2015 at 02:43 PM ----------

Oh, and the last one I really enjoyed from the CoD series was #5 World at War.

8. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. COD 5 was the best one.

9. Lazuri

Am I really the only one who is upset about the blatant plagiarism they're doing with this game's premise?

10. MetalRice

I'm really excited, love COD.

11. Manitoban

What plagiarism? I'm actually unfamiliar with the new one.

12. Lazuri

The game is about the ethical implications about using cybernetics to augment humans to be better than their natural state. It's been the plotline for Deus Ex and the new CoD was announced at the same time as a new Deus Ex. Not cool.

13. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to play Black Ops 2 first :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And well, I'm not the biggest fan of CoD, but I enjoyed Black Ops and Ghosts :slight_smile:

But chances are that one day I'll buy Black Ops 3 too :wink:

14. Foz

Foz Guest

There's no continuity with the COD series now, so I wouldn't waste your time with BO2.

15. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

So what makes the game a waste of time in you opinion? Only because there will be a new one coming?

For me it's not a waste of time. I heard from lots of people that BO2 is a good game, so why shouldn't I give it a shot? :wink:

16. Lazuri

Because it's Call of Duty and buying one of the games is essentially the same as buying all the others.

17. nohalos

I loved the first Black Ops's story. I am not much into FPS's but that was the first game that I really loved. (My dad is a fan of FPS games, particularly ones that are about war. He indirectly forces you to play games he likes, like he does with his music.)

18. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, true.

Soooo I prefer the cheaper one :wink:

And just btw: since nearly around half a year or so I have BO2 at home and just never got the time and motivation to start playing...Always some other games crossed my way :icon_wink

19. Foz

Foz Guest

BO2 is 3 years old now so the online lobbies will be full of 12 year old script kiddies, it's made by Treyarch who cut back on staff development after WaW, when you go from an Activison CoD to a Treyarch CoD there is a visible decrease in graphical quality, Treyarch are also crap at fixing glitches and there are many still outstanding.

CoD isn't a game anymore, it's a money spinner that we all buy because "ZOMG A NEW CoD!!1!!!11!" Until the strip back the perks, design maps to discourage camping and focus more on player ability I'm staying well clear. But they will never so that as a key CoD demograph is pre-pubescent boys who can't play worth shit so they need a helping hand in game.

20. YunoGasai

if it has boosts i will kick vondahaars balls up through his mouth, if it does not i will kiss his lips dry and throw all my money at his feet.and maybe give him a cheeky blow job XD
    im a bo2 player since the start and still think of it as the best cod, over 120k kills overall