1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Flash

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Simple Thoughts, May 6, 2015.

1. Simple Thoughts

Does anyone have any experience using Flash?

Just curious cause I'm currently learning it, and would love any tips/advice/suggestions. Also if anyone knows any resources for gathering soundclips ( like gun shot noises, punching sounds, or w/e else ) that'd be helpful too =3

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not development experience, but I would sooner work at a Panda Express than do development on it. As a user of software I hate the ubiquity of Flash (even still after HTML5; will that shit ever die?)

If you're trying to start game development (which seems to be the case from your questions), I guess I hope you could look at some other scripting languages and tools first. I think there might be some sidescroller type frameworks not based on Flash.

3. Simple Thoughts

Actually I'm looking into animation ( which does have it's own need for sound effects.

Side note: If anyone has any tips/suggestion/advice about voice acting that'd be most helpful. I can find no information on how one would go about doing 'voices' I'd love to learn, but other than 'wing it' I have no idea how to go about learning.