1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Total War with a mod(First Time ever used a mod)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Justinian20, May 17, 2015.

1. Justinian20

Yep, just as the title says I downloaded the Elder Scrolls Total War mod and it's the first time I've ever downloaded a mod and it's so damn exciting.

Only gripe I have is it is in another language and that's done on purpose, I don't know what the game is saying. I don't want the advisor telling me what to do because it is kind of annoying and I know how to play Total War. This is using Med II Total War.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Used to play with mods on Rise of Nations.

Some of my favorites involved World War I or II battles, or such ridiculously impossible scenarios like the Siege of the Alamo, where the goal isn't to win but to see how long you can hold out.

I do miss playing real-time strategy games, with actual human opponents though...

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Elder Scrolls TW mod? Is it a Total Conversion?

I can only wonder what the scenario is that there would be huge battles taking place. The fights in TES are usually pretty small scale hehe.

You mentioned it's your first ever modded game? Congrats, and welcome to the rabbit hole. Mods are (IMO) what distinguishes PC gaming over consoles-- in a way you never could before, you make the game YOURS. The experience is so greatly enriched in some cases, you wonder how you ever played the standard game. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Justinian20

I think it may be a total conversion, It was also patched to include English and now I'm ready for my glory of the Kitty Cats campaign. I am thinking after my elder scrolls campaigns, I might try Third Age total war but I encountered a problem as the file I downloaded was not recognized by my computer and I looked at the internet and none of those questions seemed to have been answered, because it seems like the entire thing has it's own installation process and program that happens when you click the file. I tried to install it today as I think it's a more complete mod at the moment than the Elder Scrolls Total War, but since it didn't work I'm going to enjoy full scale war as the Redguards, Khajit and Dark Elves.

---------- Post added 20th May 2015 at 11:02 PM ----------

If you want any details about my Third Age Total War attempt at installation well just ask me and maybe you can help me out.