1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video games that some times you take too seriously.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Straight ally, May 21, 2015.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    In my case clash of clans... Clan wars can get really tense... Specially cause many on my clan have this bad habit of attacking by the end of the war without giving signs of life previously... Last war we where losing by 20 stars,mand suddenly by the end we obtained a ton of stars and won... The moment when we knew we where goingto win was like 5 minutes before the end.

Now, what about ybou ? Which game you take too seriously?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All of them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Especially Zelda, I swear so much playing it :lol:

3. Sienrar

Team Fortress 2. I play it on a competitive level (tournaments and stuff), so I gotta' take it seriously! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Still Me

Guitar Hero and Counter Strike: Source will get me upset every time.

5. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Left4Dead

We even talk about the "strategy" how to defeat the other team (Versus Mode) at class! With the Charger + Spitter Combo, Boomer + Smoker combo, who gets the Sniper Riffle and who gets the shotgun, who will be the healer, etc.

6. Aro

Aro

I take Dragon Age too seriously. I've poured a lot of my life into it and the lore and everything else and I get fired up easily in debate or anything else related to it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: About the only one that can get that sort of a response.

I used to get very serious about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 as well. But that's a long time ago.

7. Jellal

Mario Kart 8. My friends say I'm delusional, but I truly believe that a skilled player can defeat opponents consistently without being overwhelmed by the random elements of the game. My current score online is 8200+ EDIT: Also, I tend to become really violent with my word choices while I'm wrapped up in a race. It ends up contrasting with the colorful backgrounds and characters and as a result I tend to break down laughing afterwards.

Also, I play the Pikmin games with calculating, scientific precision. I watch videos online constantly of people failing to understand all the nuances of throwing color-coded carrot men which I have mastered. In fact, I have the trilogy perfectly memorized.

#7 Jellal, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
  8. White Knight

Hmm DDO. Sometimes it gets very frustrating thanks to stupid hires... this is why I love self healing characters.

One thing I never take seriously and laugh even with ultimate demise... PvP. Usually laugh my arse off when playing matches.

9. Sevan

I play Animal Crossing very seriously. I keep my town completely weeded, bully away the folks I don't like in town, and have built pathways and even plotted out on graph paper the orientation of certain things. It occupies my time, and gardening in that game is far easier than gardening in real life. Soooo...

10. Lazuri

All of them, usually. I used to be really bad about this and whenever I fucked up, I'd rage. I still do it a lot in fighting games, though. I just can't stay calm while playing them.

11. The Wallflower

Marvel: Avengers Alliance. It's a stupid pay-to-win game on FB that I am ashamed to say I am addicted to. Super Smash Bros. as well.

Also, Pokémon. I spend hours trying to breed the perfect pokémon.

Oh, and Assassin's Creed's Multiplayer.

12. Rainbows~Exist

When I played Dota 2 I took it too seriously but now? Hmmm, well I hate losing on Mortal Kombat X...

13. Polterpup

The Mario Party series. Don't tell me that no one else gets pissed when Daisy takes your rightfully earned star!

14. Foz

Foz Guest

GTA 5 Online, I've got over 350 hours on it now!

Though when I was a kid I did take them waaay too seriously! There was a Mission Impossible game that was out when I was about 11 and the last mission I just could not do, it took me weeks to complete and in that time I had spent a lot of time crying and smashed 2 controllers in angsty 11 year old Imsocool rage :lol:

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Poke'mon can get serious, especially with battling others.

I've been known to take real-time strategy games seriously, too, because that's something I put my pride into. Seeing somebody stop or, worse, counter a tactic of mine starts out amusing but can quickly send me into a frustration. While not as bad as I used to be, it still leaves me sore.

16. YunoGasai

i die on mw3 "ill do better next time" die on black ops 2 "you motherfucking piece of inbred horse shit ill kill your family and dog then eat them"

17. Zombi3

Rpg games where you make your own character.

18. nohalos

In recent memory, it's always GTA, especially the chase ones.

Also, is Dark Souls II really THAT hard?

19. Lazuri

If you compare it to other modern games, yes. But it's not that hard if you have half a brain, progress carefully and learn how each enemy fights. The game is more IQ test than it is video game.

20. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    What rts you play? Its been long time (my actual pc is crap) but i used to play empire earth( the first one with its expansion is far better than ee2 and 3) and age of rmpir3 2 and 3.